Help Desk

Problem importing events from Google Calendar

  • Posts: 12 Topics: 5
    | Permalink

    I’m having a problem importing events from a public Google calendar using the Event Aggregator. First, I used the link under access permissions in the Google Calendar settings where it says Get Shareable Link: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/b/2?cid=c2FpbnRmcmFuY2lzY2hhcGluQGdtYWlsLmNvbQ
    And I got the error: There was an error fetching the results from your import: Events could not be imported. The URL provided did not have events in the proper format.

    Then, I scrolled down and copied the link under Public Address in iCal format:
    https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/saintfrancischapin%40gmail.com/public/basic.ics

    It showed me preview data, and then began the import, but then, after some time, I got this error: Unable to process this import – a breakage or conflict may have resulted in the import halting.

    Posts: 12 Topics: 5
    | Permalink
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Posts: 2358
    | Permalink

    Hi there,

    Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues with your Aggregator imports. I will try to help you get this sorted.

    You definitely want to use the URL with the .ics extension. I was able to successfully import from that URL.

    Can you tell me what you have set in Events > Settings > Import for “Import Limit Type” and “Date Range”?

    Sometimes if this is set to import too many events at once, it can timeout during the process. You might try adjusting to get fewer events at a time.

    Let me know if that helps.

    Thanks,
    Sky

    Posts: 12 Topics: 5
    | Permalink

    Hey Sky,

    Thanks for your help. I have Import Limit Type = By date range

    Import Date Range Limit = Three Months

    As you suggested, I changed the import date range to 1 week, however it
    still didn’t work. This time, I got this error:

    Unable to process this import – a breakage or conflict may have resulted in
    the import halting.

    I then changed the Import Process System to “cron-based” and it worked. I
    increased the import range limit one unit at a time and was able to import
    3 months in advance.

    Thanks for your help. This problem is resolved. 🙂

    Posts: 2358
    | Permalink

    Hi again,

    Great! I’m glad you were able to get it working.

    Please let us know if you have any issues or questions in the future.

    Thanks,
    Sky

    | Permalink