problem for importing events Facebook

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator problem for importing events Facebook

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    rubinse
    Participant

Hello,
    I encounter a problem for importing events Facebook, I have taken the app id and secret information app, but no event is integrating,

Can you please help me?

thank you

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hey rubinse,

Well, let’s see if we can figure out where it’s going awry. Did you see our New User’s Primer? https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/facebook-importer-new-user-primer/ You mentioned that you put in the App ID and App Secret. That’s good. Where did you enter the Facebook information? There are two possible areas. The first is under Events > Settings > Facebook and the second is under Events > Importer: Facebook. Which one did you try? Also, can you provide me a link to the Facebook event you are trying to import? I’d like to test it out here to make sure it’s not something about the Facebook event itself.

– Julie

rubinse
    Participant

This reply is private.

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hey rubinse,

I think we’ve recently uncovered a bug that might be related to your issue. We’ve got the developers looking into it. Hang tight and we’ll let you know what they come up with. I’m sorry about the inconvenience in the meantime.

– Julie

rubinse
    Participant

This reply is private.

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hey rubinse,

I don’t think we’re going to be able to resolve this issue in that timeframe. The soonest it will likely be addressed is in our next maintenance release and I don’t have an ETA for that at the moment. I’m sorry for the inconvenience we’ve caused, but we do appreciate your patience and understanding in these matters.

– Julie

Barry

Hi rubinse: we investigated the possibility that automatic imports were not functioning and, so far as we could see, it all worked as expected. It is however possible that it isn’t working in your specific case for one of two reasons:

• There may be a conflict with another plugin or your theme
    • It may be that scheduled tasks (essentially, regularly scheduled background tasks managed by WordPress) do not run in your hosting environment

With regards to the first point, our regular troubleshooting steps are a good way to confirm this and/or to isolate any conflicts:

• Please deactivate all other plugins except for The Events Calendar and Facebook Events
    • Ensure the two remaining plugins are up-to-date
    • Switch to a default, unmodified theme such as Twenty Twelve
    • Now test to see if automated imports function

I appreciate you many not want to leave your site in that state for a prolonged period, so setting up a new WordPress installation (perhaps in a subdirectory) could be a good way to here – if everything works successfully you could then start adding the other plugins and themes that you have installed on your live site and see if any cause automatic imports to fail.

I hope that helps 🙂

Barry

It’s been a while so hopefully you got everything sorted here (and I’ll go ahead and close this thread). Of course if we can help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed – thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘problem for importing events Facebook’ is closed to new replies.