Pro – Photo View – Feature Requests

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Pro – Photo View – Feature Requests

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kat
    Participant

Hi,

We love the Photo view of ECpro and use it for our site. We remove the event description text to make the images and title more brief on the page. We really like this view.

Request:
    Add a checkbox option for removing/hiding the event description text in the WordPress dashboard, for the Photo view.
    currently, I must remove a couple of lines of code every time I update the plugin, in order to hide the event description text.

Also, the Photo view events do not always display chronologically depending on various image sizes used for the events.
    Request:
    A) make the events always display chronologically
    B) force image photo sizes to be exactly the same for all events (in this view) and display all title/date/time headings to be the same vertical height, so the events all appear to be the exact same size on the page.

Hopefully this all makes sense. I included our site info to see an example.

http://minersfoundry.org/events/

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Kat,

Thanks for the compliment, we are happy you love ECPro!

Let me try to help you a bit, so you don’t always need to delete the code from – I suppose – the single-event.php file.

Try adding this to your theme’s style.css file under Appearance > Editor:

.tribe-events-list-photo-description.tribe-events-content p {
    display: none;
    }

This will simply hide that block of text.

The suggestion for the checkbox option is valid, I will forward it to our devs and maybe it will be implemented soon.

A) make the events always display chronologically

Funnily enough, somebody else brought to our attention today that when you list events by tag, they are listed in reverse. 🙂

I provided a solution for her, which you can read here, and you can apply it to your site as well.

Let me know if that helps you!

B) force image photo sizes to be exactly the same for all events (in this view) and display all title/date/time headings to be the same vertical height, so the events all appear to be the exact same size on the page.

This is a bit tough as there are millions of WordPress themes out there which handle the images, headings and texts differently, with different font sizes and so on. So unfortunately there is not one-solution-fits-all in this case. This doesn’t really depend on us, but rather on the theme developers. However, most of the designs can be easily adjusted with a bit of CSS tweaking.

Thanks again for reaching out and going Pro! Let me know if the above solutions helped you!

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Pro – Photo View – Feature Requests’ is closed to new replies.