Pro or Add-On(s) to Achieve RSVP with Purchase Option?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Pro or Add-On(s) to Achieve RSVP with Purchase Option?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Josef Stevens

Hello

I am currently using The Events Calendar (free) with Event Tickets (free). We are considering upgrading if add-ons or Pro version meet our needs.

We hold events that we wish to have people RSVP for that may be paid and/or unpaid. In the current set-up when we add an RSVP it adds “FREE” to the event. In some cases this works, but in others we wish people to RSVP for an event which ultimately has a cost attached, but for which we do not sell an actual ticket up front.

An example of this is a monthly breakfast where we invite people to attend. We request an RSVP because we wish to gauge attendance for the restaurant where this is held to properly set it up. There is no cost for the RSVP, of course, but there is a cost for the breakfast. We want to be able to accept the RSVP without saying the event itself is “free” as there is ultimately a cost attached.

Do you have a product(s) that will meet these needs?

Thanks!

George
    Participant

Hey Josef,

Thanks for reaching out.

Our plugins unfortunately don’t have any support for this sort of RSVP configuration. 🙁 You would have to specifically mention costs in your event post, or get clever with custom coding to modify the display of that “FREE” text to something else on an event-by-event basis.

Sorry to disappoint! Please let me know if there’s anything else I can try to help with.

Sincerely,
    George

Rachel McFadden

Please review the WordPress Support Forum. Everyone who has updated to the latest version has a broken website. Please help ASAP!

George
    Participant

Hi Rachel,

This thread is Josef’s and relates to some RSVP / ticketing questions.

We are indeed working hard to address folks’ errors and have since published three separate hotfixes to help folks out. So at this point, we have published fixed versions of everything and you should be able to get things working fine by updating The Events Calendar to version 4.3.1.1 and Events Calendar Pro to 4.3.1.1, as well.

Note that the version numbers here are NOT 4.3.1, but 4.3.1.1 ?!

If you have further questions or follow-up comments, please open a new thread on our free forums.

Thanks,
    George

George
    Participant

Hey Josef,

Have you been able to see my answer above here? No worries if not yet, I just wanted to check in! 😀

— George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Pro or Add-On(s) to Achieve RSVP with Purchase Option?’ is closed to new replies.