Pro not working, only free version, and that barely

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Pro not working, only free version, and that barely

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    desertreview
    Participant

My events page buttons for \”view\” and other choices don\’t work. When I click on an event, I get an empty page on my site. I have a news marque at the top and that quits moving, the whole page acts frozen, although some things partially work (like I can click on the event – but it takes me to nothing. I downloaded the free, then a day later installed the pro. I checked the updates, and they were both current, although not matching.
    My site is http://www.thedesertreview.com – See more at: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/can-i-use-the-tribe_events_register_event_type_args-filter-to-add-post-category/#post-64761

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, desertreview. I definitely see what you’re talking about.

From what I can tell, it looks like the issue is that something in your site is swapping out the current (supported) version of jQuery to a much older version, and that’s breaking things.

The best way to troubleshoot something like this is to start at the bottom with the site as close to default as possible and work your way up adding things one at a time until you figure out which theme or plugin is the source of the problem. From there we can see what we can do to help you find a work-around.

Does that make sense?

desertreview
    Participant

OK, I disabled all plugins except the two calendar event ones. Still doesn’t work. I don’t want to disable my newspaper theme for the default theme, because that won’t do me any good, since I want the newspaper theme.
    Does this mean it isn’t compatible with my theme, or, can I upgrade the jQuery of my theme?

desertreview
    Participant

I found a plug in that installs the latest jquery and it works! THank you very much!

Kelly
    Participant

Fantastic! Thanks for the update. I’m glad to hear that you’re back in business.

I’m going to close this topic, but please feel free to start a new one if anything else comes up.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Pro not working, only free version, and that barely’ is closed to new replies.