Pro license key doesn't stick, automatic update not available

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Pro license key doesn't stick, automatic update not available

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Robert Trevellyan
    Participant

When I enter the Pro license key for villageofchatham.com and click to save settings, the page response is that the key is valid, and the expiration date is correct. But when I go to check for updates, I get the message “There is an update available for The Events Calendar PRO but your license key has not been entered. Please go to the Events Calendar Options page to enter your license key.” This is an endless loop.

Barry

Hi trevellyan,

That would definitely be frustrating.

In the first instance can you visit the license management page here at tri.be and clear the entry relating to your site (let me know if it isn’t there) – then try clearing and re-entering the license key on your own site one more time.

If that doesn’t resolve the problem it may be easiest to update manually: you can grab copies of the latest core plugin here and access PRO and any other premium addons you have purchased here – I hope that helps and sorry for the inconvenience.

Robert Trevellyan
    Participant

I alread tried disconnecting and reconnecting, but that didn’t help.

I know I can update manually (I’m currently rolled back to 3.0.3 and 3.0.5 due to a bug), it would just be nice to have automatic updates working as advertised.

Barry

OK, thanks for trying.

Would it be at all possible to gain access to your site so we can try this for ourselves (just in case any obvious issues/hints to the underlying problem pop out at us)? Can you also confirm if your WordPress installation is configured as a multisite network (if you’re unsure what this is then it’s probably safe to say you are not).

You can share details using our private reply facility and as an added precaution we will anyway remove them once we have obtained a copy.

Thanks!

Robert Trevellyan
    Participant

It’s not a multisite install, but WordPress is in a subfolder (I always install WordPress this way).

What level of user do you need?

Barry

Admin, ideally.

Robert Trevellyan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Thanks. I can see exactly what you mean about it not sticking. Deactivating all other plugins and switching to a default theme would indeed be my next step – however, my impression is you are concerned about disruption to your client’s site and so I would ask that you do those steps yourself so you can pick a suitable time, communicate with the client in advance and generally minimize any adverse impact.

With that in mind, please:

* Deactivate all other plugins except for The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO
    * In addition to normal plugins you also have a drop-in, please don’t neglect to deactivate/temporarily remove that also
    * Switch to a default, unmodified theme such as Twenty Twelve
    * Now try re-entering your license key and save the change
    * Navigate to a different screen then return to the license keys page and see if it has indeed “stuck”
    * If you’re feeling especially bold, reactivate each plugin, drop-in and then your theme and test at each stage to see which if any causes the problematic behaviour to return
    * Otherwise/following this, try updating to 3.1

Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Pro license key doesn't stick, automatic update not available’ is closed to new replies.