Pro breaking the theme's pagination

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Pro breaking the theme's pagination

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Roberta Mullin
    Participant

Hello,
    My client is using the Highend theme from HB-Themes.
    They have a post grid that we use on the static home page (http://www.hieanswers.net). It includes pagination along the bottom.
    If I turn off the Pro plugin, pagination works. When it’s turned on, the page links simply redirect back to the home page. I’ve updated permalinks, cleared caches, etc. I’ve also just updated to 3.8.1 for pro – it was at 3.8 (now both are 3.8.1).
    If I set Permalinks to the default, using page numbers, it works. However, using %postname%, causes it to not work.

I have not activated a default wordpress theme, as it appears to be a conflict with the theme functionality. It was actually HB-Themes that pointed me here with pro causing the issue.

Josh
    Participant

Hello Roberta,

Thanks for reaching out to us! This is definitely a strange issue to be having.

I wasn’t able to replicate on a local install using a default theme so It does appear that it may be a theme conflict as you suspect. Unfortunately there isn’t too much support we can provide for specific theme conflicts here in the forums. Hopefully I can provide some help to get you pointed in the right direction:

1. <span style=”line-height: 13px;”>Have you tried turning debugging on to see if there is an error being output on the homepage? This could provide some error notifications that might be useful in helping to diagnose the issue.</span>
    2. Since the pagination works with default permalink settings, you can install the Rewrite Rules Inspector plugin to see if that generates any errors that could help to determine the underlying issue.

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to give you a direct response however I hope this was able to point you in the right direction.

Thanks!

Roberta Mullin
    Participant

Thanks for your reply, Josh. Debugging shows some minor errors, but nothing directly related to Events Calendar.
    Please leave this open for a while as I try to investigate further.

Roberta Mullin
    Participant

Updating: Rewrite Rules Inspector shows no issues.
    I’m going back to HB-Themes for now – pagination works fine with Events Calendar turned on, in another page template.

Josh
    Participant

Hello Roberta,

Thanks for following up with us! Let us know if anything comes up.

If there is anything that comes up where we’re doing something that goes against WordPress standards we’ll be happy to look into the issue and possible resolution.

Thanks!

Roberta Mullin
    Participant

Hello again,

Jeff here. HB-Themes is saying it’s your issue. The pagination works with basic permalinks (http://www.hieanswers.net/?paged=2), so they are washing their hands of it.
    With the plugin turned on, trying to change pages results in a redirect to the home page.

Do you have any idea what could be causing this?

arkroyal
    Participant

Hi there, I’m experiencing the exact same problem with the Throne Theme from Meks.
    As soon as you enable Calendar Pro add-on the pagination on the home page stops working and redirects to the home page. I see there are other threads on the forum with the same symptoms that have been closed without resolution.
    If you aren’t able to offer a solution are you happy for me to provide the Theme developer with your plugin in order that they can see if there is a way around it?

Thanks

Roberta Mullin
    Participant

Still looking for some assistance with this. I see another customer is having the same issue with a different theme.

yuryvasilchenko
    Participant

Hi. I have this problem with other theme too!!
    My theme are – http://www.mvpthemes.com/braxton/
    I wrote about problem there – https://wordpress.org/support/topic/site-pagination-not-working-after-activate-plugin-the-evevnts-calendar?replies=2#post-6191735
    “I am use permalink on front page pagination like this:
    /page/2
    after I activate your plugin (The Evevnts Calendar PRO)
    pugination not work – i am redirected from adres /page/2 to front page (301 –
    Moved Permanently)
    But if I use url to /?page=2 – paginator work fine
    When I deactivate your plugin (PRO)
    my permalink paginatioon /page/2 work fine.”

arkroyal
    Participant

Come on Guys, you’ve got customers here who are experiencing problems with this plugin, how about showing some support please?

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out to us! In the future, it is best to open new tickets even for similar requests. This will ensure that we’re able to answer everyone’s questions as quickly as possible.

That being said, I do apologize for the delay in our ability to address all of your requests within this thread. I’m reaching out to one of our developers to see if this is something that we can address within our plugin.

Again, I apologize for the issues you’re experiencing in using our plugin. Hopefully we can find the root of the issue quickly.

Thanks!

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

One further question, within your themes, what are the settings for the homepage under the Settings -> Reading tab? Is it the default WP loop or is it a static page?

Thanks!

Roberta Mullin
    Participant

Static page. Using the Blog Grid template.

arkroyal
    Participant

Ditto: Static Page.

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for following up with that information.

I reached out to our developers and they came up with a solution that will help for themes that use default pagination on static front pages. If you check out this gist, you can add this to your theme’s “functions.php” file (excluding the opening “<?php”).

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Pro breaking the theme's pagination’ is closed to new replies.