Private calendars/events with embeddable month view shortcodes

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Private calendars/events with embeddable month view shortcodes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Robin Mckay

Hi there,

I have a client that has very specific needs in a calendar. I believe your Pro version could handle all the functionality, but I don’t want to lead them astray. I’m hoping you can tell me if the Events Calendar Pro could do the following:

– Embeddable short code onto a password protected page
    – Private events (not accessible by URL if not logged in as the right level of user)
    – Month view short code
    – Events created in wordpress
    – Change calendar title of the shortcode month view
    – Edit colors of the shortcode month view
    – Change when the week starts on the short code month view

Thanks so much for any guidance on whether your product would be a good fit.

Thanks,

Robin

Barry

Hi there Robin,

I do apologize for the long delay – this clearly dropped through the cracks and is my fault entirely – but let me run through your questions and try to answer them.

Embeddable short code onto a password protected page

Events Calendar PRO does indeed allow you to embed our calendar views on any page you like via a shortcode.

Private events (not accessible by URL if not logged in as the right level of user)

Absolutely – you can mark events as private just as you might a regular WordPress page or post.

– Month view short code
    – Events created in wordpress

Both these things! See my reply above re shortcodes and yes, the creation of events is indeed done from within the WordPress environment in a familiar post editor-like experience.

Change calendar title of the shortcode month view

With some customization work this is certainly possible, though there is no built-in user interface with which to control this.

Edit colors of the shortcode month view

We integrate with the Theme Customizer to let you control various facets of the calendar’s appearance – and this also covers month view when embedded via a shortcode.

Change when the week starts on the short code month view

It will respect the “week starts on” setting for WordPress itself, it’s not possible to diverge from that without some customization work.

I hope that answers your questions and do remember that you can try our core plugin, The Events Calendar, for free – it will give you a much better sense of what is possible 🙂

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Private calendars/events with embeddable month view shortcodes’ is closed to new replies.