Printing the tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Printing the tickets

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dirk
    Participant

Hi guys,

I understand that for customization reasons you left PDF and went for HTML e-mail. It however gives one big big big problem when people buy multiple tickets and they want to print it. It cleaves the 2nd, or 3rd unto seperate pages. This way it’s impossible to print 1 ticket per page. Is there a setting I overlooked? Because this seems rather mandatory…

Thanks in advance!

Dirk

Josh
    Participant

Hello musician4you,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I can see what you mean about the tickets printing funny and how that wouldn’t be the most desirable display. The issue that we face is the difficulty in getting consistency across many different email clients.

This issue has been brought up in the past and we currently have it on our radar. I’ll add your concern to our internal tracking system and you’ll be notified as we look into the possible solutions for this issue.

I apologize for any inconvenience. Let me know if there is anything else that I can help with.

Thanks!

Dirk
    Participant

Ahhh, that’s a pity! I hope you bring back PDF tickets soon then! ;). PDF is compatible across the board. Nowadays natively supported on every OS.

As a follow-up question since apparently more people have these issues: Do you perhaps have a list of handlers which do not support the page break? That way we can warn customers of this flaw.

Thanks in advance!

Josh
    Participant

Hello musician4you,

Thanks for following up with us.

We don’t have a specific list of email clients that would break if the page breaks were used since there aren’t currently in the ticket emails. If you would like to actually add page breaks, you could follow the Themer’s Guide to customize the “tickets” -> “email.php” file from the core Events Calendar plugin to have page breaks. Here is a great article about using css page breaks for printing.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Dirk
    Participant

I guess it’s a gmail problem, thank you for the information. I do hope you will bring back PDF in the future 🙂

Josh
    Participant

Hello musician4you,

Thanks for following up with us.

If you would like, you could request the PDF tickets feature on our UserVoice page. We made the switch based on user feedback and the desire to easily customize the tickets. However, the issue could be brought back up for consideration if there is enough demand on UserVoice.

I’ll go ahead and close this ticket. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to open a new one.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Printing the tickets’ is closed to new replies.