Print One Ticket for a group

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Print One Ticket for a group

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    vlambert
    Participant

We have an event where schools are allowed to come on a specific day. That day the event is only open to schools. They will have anywhere from 2 to 200 kids per school attend the event. We would like to have the school buy one ticket that they can use at check in and it would just have a number on it showing how many will attend. Is there anyway to do this or is there a plug in that we can use to help with this. It just would not work for them to print 200 tickets and us to scan in 200 tickets…..

George
    Participant

Hey @vlambert,

Thanks for reaching out!

You may very well be in luck here, because our ticketing plugin Event Tickets Plus has a feature called “Attendee Meta” (it’s also called “Attendee Information”β€”same feature, two names!).

This feature means that one person can buy a ticket, but then have to enter a field for “How many people will be attending?”

You can then just scan that one ticket, if you’d like.

You can read all about this process here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/managing-your-orders-and-attendees/

There is a section near the bottom called “Additional Attendee Information” which covers this specific feature, but the whole page covers just about everything else in the ticketing process….

I hope this helps! πŸ˜€

George

vlambert
    Participant

I do not understand how to make this work and just generate one ticket but allow them to pay for example for 200 kids at $5 per person

George
    Participant

Hey @Vlambert,

Apologies for my delayed reply, I had an urgent and unexpected outage and was not able to work yesterday. Sorry for the wait!

In regards to your questions:

* If it is acceptable for their to be ONE purchase of $1,000 for ONE ticket (to be clear: one, one-thousand dollar ticket), and then enter the number of kids as an “Additional Information” field as described and shown in my above reply and articles linked therein, then you can do this with the methods I described above.

* If you are trying instead to have 200 separate charges of $5 all “belong” to ONE ticket, however, there is unfortunately no way to do this at this time. One purchase = one ticket. You cannot have purchases and tickets separate from each other with our plugins at this time.

Sorry to disappoint if you need the latter features. πŸ™ Please let me know what above best describes your needs and what your thoughts are on this.

Thank you,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Print One Ticket for a group’ is closed to new replies.