Price and ticket amount not working unless I edit the actual product.

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Price and ticket amount not working unless I edit the actual product.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    platformb
    Participant

I am having a strange error.

After updating to the latest tickets version, we cannot add the ticket information from the actual event like we used to be able to.

You put the info in, but it does not save except for the description / ticket name.

If you click on the ‘edit in woocommerce’ you can add the price and the check the ‘enable stock control’ and enter the amount of tickets. Once you click save, all the info is then saved in the ‘tickets’ area on the ‘event’ page.

However, the start / end date cannot be saved no matter what you do.

I have disabled all plugins, changed the theme and it’s still the same.

I would love any help as this is driving me crazy.

platformb
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Hi platformband welcome to the forums! Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the trouble here with the ticket editing process.

That’s really odd! In fact, I also noticed that the price of the event does not appear at the top of the single-event view as well. For example, the cost of the ticket should display next beneath the event title on this one.

I do see a couple of JS errors in the console that should be removed for sure:

jQuery is not defined: jquery.easing.1.3.js:39
    jQuery is not defined: jquery.bxslider.js:1315

I’d start by cleaning those up just in case that is throwing anything off.

Secondly, have you made any customizations to the calendar? You can check by opening your theme directory and looking for a folder called tribe_events. If that’s in there, try removing it to see if that makes a difference.

Lastly, do you use any custom functions in your theme’s functions.php file that might affect the calendar? Just want to make sure since we recently deprecated some functions and I’m hoping those aren’t the cause.

Let’s start there and see what we find.

Cheers!
    Geoff

platformb
    Participant

Hi,

Tried all that and still got the error. I am at a loss as to what to do.

As my client needs her site to work, I had to revert back to old version of the plugin which works fine. I used 3.9 for all plugins and it’s working again.

What should my next steps be? I want to keep using the plugin, but this last updates have been an nightmare to update on a ton of client sites. I can’t recall one that didn’t break.

My last few weeks have keep the team busy fixing event calendar issues. We were able to solve all but this one.

Any help would be much appreciated as I really want to update the the latest versions.

platformb
    Participant

Hi agains,

Of course now the filter bar plugin doesn’t work.

Can you tell me what the min version to get this plugin to work?

Tha ks

Geoff

Hi @platformband and sorry for the continued trouble here–let’s continue to work on this together and figure it out.

If you downgrade to The Events Calendar 3.9, then be sure to downgrade all the other add-ons to 3.9 as well. So, for example. use Filter Bar 3.9 as well to make sure everything is on the same version and synced for compatibility.

In the meantime, the next thing I would like to try here is creating a fresh test site–this will avoid any disruption to your live site and ensure that we’ve effectively got a “clean canvas” to work with.

• Please install a fresh copy of WordPress in a subdirectory (if you have cPanel hosting account there will probably be a one-click install to make this really easy)
    • Don’t install anything except The Events Calendar 3.11.2, Events Calendar PRO 3.11.1, WooCommerce Tickets 3.11.1 and WooCommerce (with no other add-ons)
    • Please also stick to a default theme like Twenty Fifteen–again, there’s no need to install anything else just yet!
    • Create a few events so we have some test data to work with
    • Can you replicate the same problem?

If you find you can replicate the problem under these conditions it would be awesome if you could stop and let us know so we can take a look while the site is still running under default conditions.

Thanks for your help!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Price and ticket amount not working unless I edit the actual product.’ is closed to new replies.