Previous/Next Feature not working – how do I figure this out?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Previous/Next Feature not working – how do I figure this out?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

We’ve got Calendar Pro 4.1 and the next/previous feature isn’t working as of a few days ago. I did a plug-in update on Friday; I suspect that’s when the problem began. We are using Responsive, child theme. I did not add any new plug-ins in the past month.

How do I begin to figure out where the problem lies? I am not a developer. I don’t have access to a tech person. I don’t know how to “debug.” I don’t know how to revert to a previous theme – or what that would do to my site. Will deactivating other plug-ins break my site?

Please respond with step by step instructions and simple language so I can follow.

George
    Participant

Hey there,

I took a look at your site and saw that a bug we are currently investigating is the culprit here.

I’m really sorry for the trouble! We’re working hard on a fix for this bug.

In the meantime, I’m wondering—do you happen to have a Page in your wp-admin whose title is “Calendar”?

Thank you!
    George

yes we do

George
    Participant

Thanks for clarifying—you cannot have a Page trying to use the same slug as the Events Slug, so you can either delete that page, modify its slug to be something else, or change your Events Slug to be something else.

Only one of these items can be at the /calendar URL on your site.

Make one of these changes and let me know if it helps!

Thanks,
    George

This reply is private.

This reply is private.

I tried renaming the calendar page slug but then the calendar page comes up empty (Modern Tribe calendar doesn’t show up). I tried renaming the Modern Tribe events slug and the calendar page from the main menu again shows up empty.

It looks like I have to remove the calendar page completely but I can’t see the Modern Tribe events calendar as an option to add into the menu so I don’t know how to get it to show up as a page.

George
    Participant

Hey there @tapestryfolkdancecenter,

Deleting that page will cause no problems and is essential for things to work.

To add the link to /events to your menu, just use the “Custom Links” section in your menu-builder:

Make the label “Events” or “Calendar” or whichever label is most appropriate for your needs, then make the URL example.com/events, where example.com is replaced with your real domain name of course. 🙂

Cheers!
    George

Got it and mission accomplished!

George
    Participant

Great! Best of luck with your site. 🙂

Geoff

We’ve got Calendar Pro 4.1 and the next/previous feature isn’t working as of a few days ago.

Just wanted to follow up and let you know that we released version 4.1.1 last night and it included a fix for this issue. Please update to the latest version if you haven’t already and do let us know if you continue to see any issues from there. 🙂

Cheers and thanks for your patience while we worked on this!

Geoff

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Previous/Next Feature not working – how do I figure this out?’ is closed to new replies.