Previous versions of Events Calendar (not PRO)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Previous versions of Events Calendar (not PRO)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    James Lavine
    Participant

Is there anywhere I can download previous versions? I know that any version of PRO can be downloaded from my account, but what about previous versions of just the Events Calendar?

The reason being that I’d like to revert to the last version I had running, since there are some theme conflicts with the latest version.

Thanks!
    -James

George
    Participant

Hey James,

Sorry you’ve been having trouble with your theme – would you be interested in elaborating on some of these issues in detail, sharing links to examples of the problem on your site and stuff? We’ll happily take a look and see if we can help out with some of the conflicts instead of you having to use deprecated code, which could cause issues on its own in the future.

However, to answer your main question directly, yes, you can access pretty much every old public release of the free version of The Events Calendar by heading to the “developers” tab of The Events Calendar’s plugin page on WordPress.org. Check that out here → https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar/developers/

If you have any issues accessing that tab or getting old versions from that tab, let us know!

— George

James Lavine
    Participant

Hi George,

I’d be happy to elaborate. Whenever I’m on the page that the full calendar is running on, the dropdown menus in the site’s main menu will not function. There should be dropdown menus for About, Education & Training, Mentoring, and Resources.

Here’s the calendar page: http://pcsso.studiopie.co/calendar-of-events/

Thanks!
    -James

George
    Participant

Hey James,
    Very nice, clean site – I checked out the link you shared, and for me, in Firefox, Chrome, and Safari on a Mac, the dropdowns for all those menu items you mentioned worked fine for me. Has this issue improved for you as well, or was it broken and then you installed an older version of Events Calendar and it’s only because of that change that the menus work again?

Speaking of older versions of the plugin – did the link I shared help you find the older versions you were looking for?

Let me know about the dropdown menu issue, and if these menus don’t work with the most recent Events Calendar active, if possible would you be able to re-active the most recent version of Events Calendar so that things are broken again? 🙂 I know that doesn’t sound appealing, but if the issue is in place I can check out the link you provided again and investigate the problem.
    Thanks James

George
    Participant

Hey James,

Just following up on this issue, it’s been sitting here a while – any progress on things? No worries either way, just wanted to check in.

Cheers! 🙂
    George

James Lavine
    Participant

Hi George,

Sorry for the delayed response, but I am still having the same issue. In your Jan 6 response, you asked:

“Has this issue improved for you as well, or was it broken and then you installed an older version of Events Calendar and it’s only because of that change that the menus work again?”

The answer is yes, it was working because I installed an older version of the plugin. I’d like to be able to make updates now and in the future, so I just updated to the current version so that you could take another look.

Thanks so much for you help!

James Lavine
    Participant

Hi George,

I just realized that the support team won’t be around until next week, so I reinstalled v3.8 so that my navigation worked. Let me know when you’re back, and I can reinstall the latest version so you’re able to troubleshoot.

Thanks!

George
    Participant

Hey James!

I’m actually around a bit for the week here, so if you’d like to go ahead and activate the most recent version of The Events Calendar, I’d recommend it – this should break your menu, which I understand can be inconvenient to deal with if your site is public, but it’s a vital step for us to be able to try to spot (and hopefully solve!) the issue here.

Let me know what you think. If you re-active the most recent version so that your menus are broken again, let me know as soon as possible, and I’ll work as quickly as I can to try and keep http://pcsso.studiopie.co/calendar-of-events/ out-of-commission for as short a time as possible! 🙂

Cheers,
    George

James Lavine
    Participant

Thanks so much George! I just re-activated the most recent version, 3.9.1 — let me know what you find 🙂

George
    Participant

Thanks James! Unfortunately, I tried going back to http://pcsso.studiopie.co/calendar-of-events/ but was met with a 404 → https://cloudup.com/cmVueAkFGx7

Is there another URL we can check out to see things live?

Thanks for your patience with all this James, it means a lot and we’re determined to help you sort this all out.

— George

James Lavine
    Participant

Oh, sorry about that! The site is live now, so the URL is http://pcss-o.org/calendar-of-events/

Thanks!

George
    Participant

Hey James,

Thanks for the link – when I go that URL, I notice a JavaScript error in the console that has come up one time on the forums before (as far as I can tell by searching).

One thing to make sure about your site is that The Events Calendar, Events PRO, and any add-ons you have are all running the most recent version of the plugin – currently 3.9.1 for each of those.

If you have different version numbers for the different Events plugins and add-ons, this error might arise, so it’s worth ruling out.

I also noticed that your copy of the free version of The Events Calendar is in a folder called /the-events-calendar-391/ – why is this?

Ensure that the out-of-the-box, unedited, default 3.9.1 versions of Events Calendar, Events PRO, and any add-ons are all running on your site, and ensure that there are no older files from older versions on your site, then let us know if anything improves here.

Thanks!
    George

P.S.
    What other plugins are running on your site?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Previous versions of Events Calendar (not PRO)’ is closed to new replies.