Previews not reflecting changes. Updating not working correctly.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Previews not reflecting changes. Updating not working correctly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Cameron
    Participant

I’m having a horrible time to edit or add events. They do publish, but the page doesn’t reload. It just hangs with the loading icon beside a greyed out publish/update button. Clicking save as pending or save as draft has a similar result. Previews don’t reflect any changes, unless I save as draft or pending first.

This is occurring both on my live site, on another remote url, and on my localhost.

In the case of the remote url, it’s a clean wordpress install, with only Events Calendar, Events Calendar Pro, and Facebook Importer plugins. Default theme.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Cameron,

Sounds like a possible PHP memory issue. You may not have enough allocated. Take a look at this article for some different ways you can do that: http://www.dailyblogging.org/wordpress/increase-wordpress-memory-limit/

Let me know whether or not that works.

Thanks,
    – Jonah

Cameron
    Participant

It’s 256M on my server, and 128M on my localhost.

I tried upping the amount on my localhost to 512M through the php.ini file.

; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (128MB)
    ; http://php.net/memory-limit
    memory_limit = 512M

I’m not sure if those comments are saying the max is 128, or if that’s just an example based on what the max was set at before. I saved those changes, but according to phpinfo() it’s still set at 128. Just tried lowering it as well, and the change isn’t taking place.

Jonah
    Participant

128 should be more than enough. Something else must be going on. Can you provide me wp-admin access to the remote site so I can take a look? Please email access to pro [at] tri [dot] be, attn. to me and reference this thread.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Cameron,

Thanks for providing me access. I was able to create a couple test events no problem so I’m not seeing the issue you’re talking about. Are there specific parameters you can supply me with to recreate the issue?

– Jonah

Cameron
    Participant

Sorry I didn’t describe the problem correctly. In the original post I wrote that it was a problem updating and adding events. Turns out it is only while updating events. This video demonstrates the problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM8i-yoIz70

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Cameron, strange… I can do exactly what you’re doing in Chrome and it saves flawlessly for me. What browser are you using?

– Jonah

Cameron
    Participant

Firefox 18.0.1. Windows Vista 64. Jumping ahead, I tried it with Chrome 24.0.1312.57 m. I then when to a system running XP, and tried with whatever version of IE is installed there. Then I tried a system with Windows 8, and whatever version of Chrome is on there. Exact same issue with all of these configurations. The common point here, is they are all using the same internet connection. I can try on a friend’s computer in a few hours.

Jonah
    Participant

Strange, yes please let me know how it works on another internet connection.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Cameron
    Participant

I forgot to try it on a friend’s computer the other day.

In experimenting today, I’ve noticed that updating only hangs if I preview first. If I don’t preview, updating works properly.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Cameron,

It appears you’ve found a bug. There’s a js error on the page as soon as you click Preview/Preview Changes. This occurs on new or existing events. I’ve just filed the ticket for our team and we’ll be sure to get this fixed in an upcoming release. For now, you’ll have to do without the Preview/Preview Changes.

Cheers,
    – Jonah

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Cameron, a quick update on this. It turns out one of our devs did make a patch for this. Just replace /wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/resources/events-admin.js with this copy: http://cl.ly/code/1v382M03033d

Let me know whether or not that works.

Cheers,
    – Jonah

Cameron
    Participant

Problem solved. Very happy about this. Thanks!

Jonah
    Participant

Glad to hear Cameron, I’m going to close this out but let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Previews not reflecting changes. Updating not working correctly.’ is closed to new replies.