Preventing Duplicate Emails

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Preventing Duplicate Emails

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Greg Ambrose
    Participant

We need to ensure that the same email address isn’t registered more than once for the one event. Is it possible to add custom validation, or use a built in option to do this?

The reason for this is that when details are passed to our CRM we need a unique email address for each delegate. We find some times that various people are all entered under the one generic email address, and this means we can never contact the individuals directly.

I hope you can help

Hi Eric,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

You can have the system send tickets from any chosen email address by simply installing, configuring and testing the following plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-wp-smtp/

Using a real SMTP server with authentication will bypass the built-in WP mail functionality altogether.

Please make sure you configure and test the settings using the plugin’s built-in tool.

Let me know if this options works for you!

Thanks,

Jaime

Greg Ambrose
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for your not, but I still have a problem.

I’m not talking about email sending. I want to make sure that delegates signed up for an event don’t use the same email address. At present we find sometimes that all delegates are signed up with the one generic email address.

I want to make sure that they enter a separate email address for each delegate. I need validation to insist on this before the booking is made.

I hope you can help.

Regards,
    Greg

Hi Greg,

One idea that I have that may be helpful is for you to add a field to your tickets for email address, and make this field required.  This way, users will have to enter an additional email address manually upon ticket purchase, in addition to the email address and other information they have associated with their account.

Does this help?

Let me know!

Thanks,

Jaime

Greg Ambrose
    Participant

Thanks for the comment, but it doesn’t help. For the second time you have not answered the question. How do I prevent the same email address being entered on more than one delegate?

Is there someone else who can answer this question for me?

Hi Eric,

I apologize if I have not answered your question correctly just yet.  Would you mind providing some more details about what you are referring to?  Perhaps a screenshot of where an email address is entered would be helpful, so that I know exactly what you are talking about.

Just so you know, by default, if a user is purchasing multiple tickets, all of those tickets are registered under the same user, so all of those tickets would be associated with the same email address.

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Preventing Duplicate Emails’ is closed to new replies.