Prevent users from adding new categories

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Prevent users from adding new categories

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    danieldekay
    Participant

Is that possible somehow?

Brook
    Participant

Howdy,

Since this is the Pro forum I gather that you are not referring to the Community Events form. I can not think of a great way to do this. It would really involve some direct edits to the plugin, which is always a bad idea since they have to be redone each time you update the plugin.

For most of our users we find that they do not end up giving too many people access to the WP admin area. When you do give someone access they tend to require a little bit of training anyways, to make sure they do not mess something up. Perhaps mentioning that you don’t want new categories could be part of that training process?

Does that answer your question? Thanks!

– Brook

danieldekay
    Participant

Hello Brook,
    yes, I am not using the community events add-on. But I do have about 70 editors who can add their own events to the main calendar. I agree that, as part of the “training” I will just add that, and maybe prune the database every now and then.
    Do you know if there might be a simple way to just not display the “add new category” from the edit form?
    Thanks,
    Daniel

Brook
    Participant

I understand that! The simplest way just be to hide it by adding a rule to your Admin CSS. It has an id, so something like #tribe_events_cat-add-toggle{display:none;} should work.Of course they will still be able to add categories if they use the option in the left hand menu. But, this will make it harder and I would think prevent them from casually adding categories.

Would that work for you?

– Brook

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Prevent users from adding new categories’ is closed to new replies.