Presales question: displaying past events in listings?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Presales question: displaying past events in listings?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Riitta Korpipää

Before purchasing the pro plugin I need to know for sure if in a case that there are no future events yet created, can any of the add-ons display the past events?

For example in this site: https://musikantit.fi/
    I have a listing of the events where it says “Tulevat tapahtumat”. Usually my client does not always have future events published and most of the time the calendar looks empty. Can the pro plugin handle this case and show the latest past events/event if no upcoming events are available.

Also which multilanguage plugin does Event Calendar support best in WordPress, Polylang or WPML?

Thank you!

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Riitta,

Thanks for your interest in our plugin 🙂

We currently do not provide a widget or shortcode that will let you dynamically list the past 5, 10 or however many events. However, we do provide solutions such as the [tribe_events] shortcode which accepts a date attribute – letting you force it to display events from the past (you would need our premium plugin Events Calendar PRO in order to use shortcodes such as this one).

Regarding the multilingual plugin, there’s no perfect solution at this point. However, WPML is now officially compatible with our plugin and it is the solution I would recommend. That said, Polylang is a really nice plugin as well and should work with our plugins to a certain extent (I can’t guarantee the full compatibility though).

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Presales question: displaying past events in listings?’ is closed to new replies.