Presales question – creating different event category pages

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Presales question – creating different event category pages

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tessa

Hi there,

I wanted to know if I can create different pages with different event categories on them. For example:
    Page 1: “Craft workshops” only contains events categorised as craft workshops
    Page 2: “Cookery school” only contains events categorised as cookery school
    Page 3: “All events” lists all events in any category
    etc etc.

Thanks!

Geoff

Hey Tessa!

Good question and, yes, that is definitely possible. In fact, the plugin will automatically create a unique URL for any category you create. For example, the URL for “Cookery School” would be something like: [your-site]/events/category/cookery-school.

Does this help answer your question? Let me know and I’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Tessa

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your response, that’s great. A related question… are there a shortcodes to drop events into a page so that I can have content and events on the same page? Continuing the pottery studio example, we’d talk about facilities and opening times and then drop the upcoming events in that category in. I know there’s a widget but it would be great to have a “see our latest events” on the home page too.

Thank you!

Geoff

Awesome, I’m glad that helped!

Yes, there is indeed one shortcode currently available–however, it’s for the mini calendar widget. If you’re looking for others, I would definitely suggest checking out Event Rocket, which adds a slew of other shortcodes, including upcoming events lists.

I see my last reply was marked as the correct answer, so I’ll assume you’re all good here–but do please feel free to open another thread if any other questions pop up and we’d of course be happy to help. 🙂

Thanks again for checking out the plugins!

Geoff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Presales question – creating different event category pages’ is closed to new replies.