PreSale question regarding User Log in

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions PreSale question regarding User Log in

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kristian McIntyre

Hi! I’m very new to WP & site building, so please excuse my ignorance. I am building a business directory/community events site. The WP Directory package I am using does come with its own Event plugin, however I prefer all the additional functionality and the look of Events Calendar Pro and Community Events. I did try out the Events Calendar free plug in and it looks great…Just what I wanted. However, before I purchase EC Pro and Community Events, I have a few questions/concerns.

For my directory site, users will need to create an account and log in to create/manage business listings. I also want users to have an account and log in to create events from the front end using Community Events. Is this going to create an ugly problem whereas users to my site have to create 2 different accounts??? Or Log in twice?? Or is possible that if they are logged in to create a business listing, that they can then create event without logging in twice?

Do you foresee any other problems that might arise if I use your Events Calendar plug ins instead of the one that comes with my WP directory package?

Thank you so much!
    Kris

Josh
    Participant

Hey Kris,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

This is definitely a good question! As long as the account created by the membership plugin is a WordPress user account (could be any role such as subscriber, author, editor, or even a custom role defined by that plugin) you can definitely limit access to the Community Events front-end submission to logged in users. Additionally, this wouldn’t force the user to log in twice either, the same access would be controlled by whether or not the user was a logged in WordPress user.

Let me know if this helps or if you have any further questions.

Thanks!

Kristian McIntyre

Thank you so much for your reply!
    Cheers, Kris

Josh
    Participant

Hey Kristian,

No problem, happy to help!

I’ll go ahead and close this ticket for now. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new one.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘PreSale question regarding User Log in’ is closed to new replies.