Presale Question: Link venues to pages instead of venues

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Presale Question: Link venues to pages instead of venues

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Steven Vermoere

Hello,

I must make a small directory of businesses with a lot of events. As the businesses do not change often, I prefer to use a page for each business.
    I want to link the events to a specific business and show them under the business-info. This is easy to achieve.

But I want also the other way around:
    If you see an event, I want a link to the Business to show the page and the other events, as described above.
    I do not think this is possible with the use of venues.
    Is there an easy way to implement this ?

Thanks for an answer

Steven

Geoff

Hi Steven!

That’s an interesting question. Although directing venues to pages isn’t supported right out of the box, I would imagine there would be two possibilities here:

1. Use redirects. You could use URL rewrites to force URLs to redirect to another page. Perhaps a plugin like Redirection would help manage those.
    2. Customize the venue template. You can override any calendar template–including venues–to create the layout and functionality you want. Our Themer’s Guide is a great resource for customizing templates.

Would either of those routes get you what you’re looking for? Let me kow if you have any follow-up questions here and I’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey Steven, I see my last reply was marked as the correct answer–glad this helped! Please feel free to reach back out if any other questions about any of our products pop up and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Presale Question: Link venues to pages instead of venues’ is closed to new replies.