Prepending text when auto-publishing to Facebook.

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Prepending text when auto-publishing to Facebook.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Colin Carmichael
    Participant

All of my events are pulled into TEC via Event Aggregator – and then auto-published to my FB Page (using a bit of code I found on this site somewhere). The only issue is that the text reads as if it’s coming from my org when it is actually from the event organizer. I’d love to find a way to prepend the event text with something like “{Organizer} has a new event called {Event title}:”

Anyone have any ideas?

Nico

Hi there Colin,

Thanks for getting in touch with us! Can you please share the custom code you are using to publish the event to Facebook?

Also, please note that custom development request like this one are outside of support scope of the forums. That said if this is an easy change I can help you out!

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Neil Duckett
    Participant

Hi Colin, I’m very interested to understand how your auto publishing the events to Facebook, it’s something I’m wanting to do.

I have no requirent to append any text, I’m just looking to add the event.

If you’d be kind enough to share the info I’d be very grateful.

Thanks,

Neil

Neil Duckett
    Participant

Hi again Colin, I’ve just re read your original post – I too would like to append the organizer as you suggest.

Would love to see this functionality developed, as I’m sure many others would.

Thanks,

Neil

Nico

Thanks for chiming in Neil!

When Colin shares the code, I’ll do my best to help you guys out 🙂

Cheers,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Prepending text when auto-publishing to Facebook.’ is closed to new replies.