Premium Theme Options not available in default events template

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Premium Theme Options not available in default events template

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    csheldon
    Participant

Hi,
    I purchased pro for the functionality, and I purchased a premium theme for it’s flexibility. On all the other pages, the theme has the ability to hide the page title, but on the events calendar page apparently the default events template is over-riding the option to hide the page title. I’ve worked with changing the default events template, but seem to be technically challenged in that area. I want to remove the “Blog” Page title. Thanks for any help you can provide!

enollo
    Participant

Hi csheldon,

You probably have to take a look at your header.php file and how it includes the page title. If you are unsure of how to take it from there maybe you can copy your header.php file into or https://gist.github.com or http://pastebin.com and reply with the link.
    Without the actual theme there is very little I can do but point you in the right direction, but I can try to see if I understand it just from that file alone.

csheldon
    Participant

Thanks so much for your reply and offer to help. I get the feeling I’m over my head. Here’s the link to the header.php: http://pastebin.com/damHXKFe The theme is The7 by Dream-Theme: http://themeforest.net/item/the7-responsive-multipurpose-wordpress-theme/5556590. I don’t need the page title for any of the pages on the site. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

enollo
    Participant

Looks like the title logic is not placed in the file and is probably hooked into the ‘presscore_before_main_container’ action (based on the header.php and the demo source) . The function could be anywhere in the theme so there is not much I can do to help without the actual theme. If you feel like hunting then use a tool to search through all the files and find all instances of ‘presscore_before_main_container’ and take a look at functions relating to the page title. If you find the function then paste in into pastebin for me to take a look so I can let you know the best way to go about modifying it.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, csheldon. This is a great question.

It sounds like enollo has you on the right track for this. (Thanks, Tamara!)

I would encourage you to get in touch with your theme’s developer to ask if they have any ideas. They’re probably an excellent resource to tap in this situation.

csheldon
    Participant

Thanks so much enrollo and Kelly! I believe I found the file and section relating to the page title functions and have pasted it here: http://pastebin.com/e97Fpde4. The file name is: template-tags.php. I’ll also check in with the template creator’s support. If you see any answers, please do let me know. Thanks!
    Charlene

enollo
    Participant

Assuming the theme has a global option to hide the page title and judging by the latest snippet, I think this theme is using CSS to hide the title based on options selected rather than some PHP logic that simply does not output a title and associated markup (which is what I would have done). It does check if a single post or page has disabled the page title, and if it has it does not output any markup but that doesn’t give us much flexibility.

I’ve created two options for you if you are not able to get the theme author to add some filters that give you more control over the markup.

https://gist.github.com/tamarazuk/ab3e098fd06ab772f3aa

The PHP can be used in your child theme’s functions.php file and will allow you to change the title as you please. If you want to change the title in general for all events pages to something like “Events” then you do not need any of the “more specific” conditional checks and you should remove them. However, you can instead chose to use that block and change the title based on the type of content being displayed.

However, if you fish to completely remove the title I did not find an easy way to do it with PHP and have added a CSS snippet to add to your child theme’s style.css file.

Btw, I keep mentioning the child theme πŸ˜‰ You really should be using one if you aren’t already. It is best practice whenever you’re using a theme you did not build yourself. This way you’ll be free to apply any theme updates without losing customizations such as this one.

If you’re looking for more help getting your website off the ground, my team and I specialize in building WordPress websites for small businesses so feel free to get in touch with us at [email protected] if you are interested.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Charlene. It looks like enollo has given you a terrific and thorough answer to your question. (Thanks, again, Tamara!)

Is there anything else we can help you with before I close the thread?

csheldon
    Participant

The issue is still unresolved. I created a child theme and added the code as suggested, and the “BLOG” title still shows up. I have opened a Trouble Ticket with the Theme creator. Can we leave the ticket open and continue to problem solve? (Thanks for the offer to help get the website off the ground, however this is non-profit, volunteer work.)
    Thanks,
    Charlene Sheldon

Kelly
    Participant

Not a problem, Charlene! πŸ™‚

We will leave this thread open for now. Please note that we close all threads after 2 weeks of inactivity – so if we haven’t heard back within 2 weeks from today we will be closing this thread.

It’s worth noting that we cannot provide customization work or integration efforts with individual themes. If the theme developers come back with any specific questions regarding our codebase, or if they see anything in the code that we’re doing that runs counter to WordPress best practices, we’d be happy to answer any questions.

Thanks!

enollo
    Participant

Hi Charlene,

There was a high likelihood it wasn’t going to work as I could not test it. That’s what I like to call blind coding πŸ™‚
    If you are still having trouble with this I am glad to help.

If your theme is GPL then you can email it to me and I can test it myself and let you know the best way to get what you are looking for.

email: tamara @ enollo.com

I like helping people, especially non-profits πŸ™‚

Cheers,

Tamara

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Charlene. Have you heard anything back from the theme creator? If not, it would be better (for you) if we could close this thread and have you open a new one once you have questions for us. Otherwise, your thread may get lost in the shuffle.

Hope things are going well for you! πŸ™‚

csheldon
    Participant

Please go ahead and close the ticket. I found the answer. Thanks!

Kelly
    Participant

Fantastic! Thanks for letting us know!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Premium Theme Options not available in default events template’ is closed to new replies.