Precise Attendee Inventory

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Precise Attendee Inventory

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Regis Chapman
    Participant

We’re trying to find a way to get exact numbers for the attendees, and there appear to be some issues with this, which I’ll describe below:
    1. Paypal orders are set to Processing by default and not Completed, so the number of available tickets does not change unless we manually set the tickets sold to be Completed.
    2. Each ticket sold may ACTUALLY be like 20 or even 30 attendees, since we are signing people up as groups. So even though each order says 1, it balloons up to 20 after marking that order Completed. This makes determining from the summary in the attendee’s section difficult at best.
    3. Many of our orders are done by check, and a similar problem as we have with PayPal faces us, but our check processing internal process takes 2-3 weeks; so the order can’t be marked Completed until that time, and thus the ACTUAL number of attendees does not reveal itself for a long time. We need a way to know exactly how many people from each order for every group order for each event (we have three and not all have charges, and each Event type is very different from each other, so we need totals from each) are coming. Additionally, we have early/late tickets and the totals need to work across both of those also, for some events.

So, it feels a bit of a mess and I’m not sure how to get really accurate information for the forecasting the management is suddenly requiring. Is there any way to achieve this?

This isn’t a technical issue, so I have done no plugin isolation nor theme isolation.

I had hoped there would be a Events Calendar extension that might help us with this, actually.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Regis!

Thanks, for reaching out to us. I’d be happy to help you with this topic.

Just to make sure I understand exactly the situation you are having, could you please let me know if you are using Tribe Commerce to sell tickets with PayPal? Or are you using WooCommerce to sell all your tickets?

Also, It would also be helpful to have a screenshot of the ticket editor settings for the event you mention and a the event link so we can have as reference.

Please let me know about that so I can further help with this.

Thanks,
    Victor

Regis Chapman
    Participant

Yes, we’re using Woocommerce.

Thanks,
    Regis Chapman
    Cowichan Tribes IS

Please consider the environment before printing.

PRIVILEGE & CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient, it may be unlawful for you to read, copy, disclose or otherwise use the information on this communication. If you received this transmittal in error, please contact the sender and delete the material immediately.

>>> The Events Calendar 2018-03-19 11:56 AM >>>
    Victor wrote:

Hi Regis!

Thanks, for reaching out to us. I’d be happy to help you with this topic.

Just to make sure I understand exactly the situation you are having, could you please let me know if you are using Tribe Commerce to sell tickets with PayPal? Or are you using WooCommerce to sell all your tickets?

Also, It would also be helpful to have a screenshot of the ticket editor settings for the event you mention and a the event link so we can have as reference.

Please let me know about that so I can further help with this.

Thanks,
    Victor

Post Link: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/precise-attendee-inventory/#post-1483271

———–

Please share images through Dropbox or a similar service
    when replying by email.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to the
    forum topic on TheEventsCalendar.com. thread on the website.

Please keep the reference number in the subject when replying and
    make sure the reply is addressed to [email protected]
    Login and visit the topic to unsubscribe from these emails.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Regis!

Thanks for your confirmation. Let me go through each of your points:

1. When an order for a ticket is placed, it should reduce the available tickets, regardless of the order status, so this looks like it could be a conflict with another plugin, theme, or custom code. We’ve had some other users reporting similar issues. Let me point you to the following article that describes a set of troubleshooting steps for this issue > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/ticket-stock-doesnt-decrease/

2. This situation is a bit tricky. Unfortunately, there is no built-in way to sell a batch of tickets, so one workaround would be to do as you are doing. This, of course has the drawback of not having the stock being reduced the right amount.

3. This is also affected by the issue in the first point, so I’d recommend you troubleshoot that first. After that, I’d suggest you take a look at the WooCommerce specific settings > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/woocommerce-specific-ticket-settings/ so you can control when should attendee records be generated.

I hope that helps. Please let me know how that goes and if you have any follow up question.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Precise Attendee Inventory’ is closed to new replies.