Pre Sales Questions – Moving from Event Espresso

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Pre Sales Questions – Moving from Event Espresso

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Participant

HI there,

My client has been using EE for many years and Im looking to move him to the Events Calendar. The client runs classes and workshops (many repeat from term to term) for which he needs registration info and payment via paypal or direct deposit. He also runs ticketed shows a couple of times a year.

From what I can see we need Events calendar Pro and Ticketing Pro plus Woo Commerce. My questions are as follows:

1. Am I correct in thinking to take payment for any event you need the ticketing plugin? Not just Woo Commerce? For courses we don’t need tickets – just a means to make payment for the term of classes. How would this work?

2. The client likes being able to quickly view and export attendees and payment status filtered by event in EE – is this possible using those plugins?

3. Where you say Ticketing isn’t compatible with recurring events does this just mean if you have a recurring event you have to setup a new ticket each time? Or you simply can’t have a ticket if the event is recurring? Events are repeated each term so we need a means to duplicate events easily and take payment for each.

4. Is there some way to setup recurring payments? Eg – if a student wants to pay for a course each term is there a way they can keep all their info saved and just renew their payment rather than having to go through the registration process each time?

Thanks in advance. 🙂

L

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for the questions. I’ll answer them in order.

1. To accept payment you will need Events Tickets Plus
    2. Yes, you can generate reports on an event or ticket specific basis
    3. Events Tickets isn’t compatible with recurring events. You would have to manually setup the event each time if it has a ticket attached.
    4. Currently there is no way for us to setup recurring subscription payments, however the ticket does go into Woocommerce as a product so I’ve see other customers add the Woocommerce subscription addon. I’m not sure if it just needs configuring or more customer development and we do not support it if you end up going that route.

Also, keep in mind if you purchase these products and they are not working as expected, feel free to request a refund within 30 days and we will refund the entire amount.

Hope that answers your questions!

Thanks,
    Brendan

Lauren
    Participant

Thanks Brendan. Good to know. Cheers L

Brendan
    Keymaster

Anytime Lauren, thanks again!

Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Pre Sales Questions – Moving from Event Espresso’ is closed to new replies.