Pre-sales questions

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Pre-sales questions

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Juan Cortes

Hi, we are thinking of using TEC Pro to build a project for a client. I have done some research on your forums but still have a few questions. I figured starting a topic would be the best way to clarify this.

1. Can I set up a free eventbrite event through TEC? Or will evenbrite free events be imported seamlessly to TEC?

2. Will attendee lists be imported from eventbrite into TEC?

3. One of the event categories are multi-day classes that require only one payment. I read on your forum that a way to handle that (with woocommerce) is to set up a recursive event and add ticketing to the first event only. Can I do the same thing with eventbrite? – create a recursive event on TEC and link the first date -only- to an eventbrite event?

Juan Cortes

Thanks so much in advance!

Juan Cortes

Sorry for the triple posts but there’s an additional question.

– How possible (can be a custom solution, just want to know how easy it would be) would it be to display the amount of tickets available for a certain event – fetched from eventbrite, on the calendar view of TEC pro?
    Is the ticket availability data imported from eventbrite saved in a WP database field? Or could I possibly use the eventbrite API to retrieve the ticket availability and print it in the TEC calendar?

Thanks again!

Jami
    Blocked

Hey Juan!

Thanks for your checking things out! I’m happy to run through each of your questions:

Can I set up a free eventbrite event through TEC? Or will evenbrite free events be imported seamlessly to TEC?

This can be done seamlessly. All you need is the Eventbrite event id and it’ll be imported with the click of a button.

Will attendee lists be imported from eventbrite into TEC?

Your attendees will be managed from the Eventbrite site so you won’t see these imported into your WordPress Dashboard.

One of the event categories are multi-day classes that require only one payment. I read on your forum that a way to handle that (with woocommerce) is to set up a recursive event and add ticketing to the first event only. Can I do the same thing with eventbrite? – create a recursive event on TEC and link the first date -only- to an eventbrite event?

Yes, you can do this with Eventbrite too. Once you make your Eventbrite event recurring in with TEC Pro, you can select to turn the ticket sales off and link back to the main event in the individual events that you don’t want to display the ticket sales form.

How possible (can be a custom solution, just want to know how easy it would be) would it be to display the amount of tickets available for a certain event – fetched from eventbrite, on the calendar view of TEC pro?

Good question. By default, the event will display the total number of remaining tickets available for an event in the ticket information form. For example:

http://d.pr/i/1hpi1

Displaying an event’s ticket quantity can certainly be accomplished with the Eventbrite API.

I hope that helps clear things up! Feel free to let me know if there’s something I may have missed or if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards,
    Jami

Juan Cortes

Hi Jami! Appreciate your response.

Still have more questions.

Can I possibly implement a solution with BOTH Woocommerce for tickets and eventbrite?

One category of events would be handled with eventbrite and the other with the woocommerce plugin. My client does not want to pay the eventbrite transaction fees so for the more pricy events we would set up woo commerce tickets.

So I would like to run some events on eventbrite and handle the ticketing of some other events directly in the site with woocommerce.

Also, just to confirm (I already read negative responses to this question on the forum but want to check if nothing has changed): can users cancel their attendance/ask for a refund for a purchased ticket through woocommerce?

Thanks again!

Jami
    Blocked

Hi Juan,

It’s not a problem going through your additional questions.

Can I possibly implement a solution with BOTH Woocommerce for tickets and eventbrite?

You can have a WooCommerce shop and have tickets with Eventbrite but the tickets will be sold through the Eventbrite system, not WooCommerce. Alternately, you can sell tickets through WooCommerce but they won’t be the same tickets that are sold on Eventbrite (hopefully that makes sense!) Essentially, your users would be purchasing tickets on two different platforms but yes, they should function together.

As for cancelations, the attendee would need to contact you directly to request the cancelation and refund which would need to be done manually.

Thanks for all the great questions! Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Kind Regards,
    Jami

Juan Cortes

Thanks Jani,

Yes, that would be exactly it. Eventbrite would handle some of the events and woo commerce tickets would handle other types of events.

I will leave this thread open in case there are any other questions before we decide to purchase.

Really appreciate your prompt responses.

Jami
    Blocked

Hi Juan,

It’s my pleasure! I’m going to mark this thread as resolved but if you have any other questions, we’re happy to help. It might be better to open up a new forum thread though in case I happen to be away and not able to respond right away. 🙂

Thanks again for checking out the plugins!

Kind Regards,
    Jami

George
    Participant

🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Pre-sales questions’ is closed to new replies.