Pre-sales questions

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Pre-sales questions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Rebecca

1. How are related events chosen? By category? Can they be related by venue?
    2. If you fill in a new address while you’re creating an event, can you save that manual addresses somehow?
    3. Is there a way to filter the full-width calendar with a Category dropdown filter?
    4. Is there a way to have an event without a date? For example, we have ongoing activities like scavenger hunts but don’t want it daily on the calendar.
    5. If this is possible, we’d need this type of no-date event to have a different template. Would this be possible through custom programming? We would also need this type of event to have a separate taxonomy. Also, would it be possible to separate these events out in the search results like Events and Activities?
    6. Can we add taxonomy to a venue like parking, transportation?
    7. Does the event search include venue meta information from the custom fields?
    8. Can you have co-organizers?
    9. How can you set a default venue image?
    10. We want to have Event categories like: Theater, sports, etc. but can we also have a filter for Free events? We don’t want Free events to be a category since we want events to only fit into one category. If it were a checkbox or tag, how could we add it to the filter? Included or custom programming?
    11. In the Events search results, can you separate events by activity type in the search results?
    12. Do we have to have the slug /events in the URL? Can we remove it entirely, not just replace the text?

Thanks!

Miriam
    Participant

Hello again!
    1. Is there a way to save the search queries that people do in the Events calendar search box?
    2. The whole “Add an Event” feature is all included in the PRO version, right?

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hello Rebecca,

Your questions sound like you’ve got some very specific requirements there, as most seem to be about code-level solutions. Have you checked out our Themer’s Guide (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/events-calendar-themers-guide/) and Documentation (http://docs.tri.be/) for details? And our Tutorials might help you sort through what’s available out of the box on the front end (https://theeventscalendar.com/the-events-calendar-for-wordpress-tutorials/).

We can’t help with customizations, especially here in pre-sales, but if you have any other questions, I’d be happy to answer them.

— Julie

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hey Miriam,

I’m not sure I understand your questions. So I guess that means for the first one the answer is no, we do not save searches in the plugin. And you can add events in The Events Calendar (free) plugin. If however you are referring to having users add events, that is a feature of the Community Events plugin.

I’m not sure if I’ve answered your questions, so please let me know if I’ve missed the mark. Or if there is anything else I can help with.

And please feel free to start your own thread when you have questions.

— Julie

Rebecca

Does the Events Calendar PRO search venues and venue meta info in addition to events? If not, is there a way it could? Thanks

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hey Rebecca,

Yes, you can search by venue or location. I’m not sure exactly what meta info you are interested in, but you can give it a try over at http://wpshindig.com/events/ and see if does what you are looking for.

Let me know how it goes.

— Julie

Ryan

Hi! Could attendees register for different “sessions” for a conference and download thier schedule onto ical?

Rebecca

Let’s say someone is looking to get the opening hours of a museum. Let’s say the museum doesn’t have any upcoming events. I need a way for someone to search the venues for meta info like Opening Hours (which I understand is custom development). How could users perform this type of search?

Miriam
    Participant

How are related events chosen? By category? Can they be related by venue?

Miriam
    Participant

Is it possible to create that happens every day but hide it from the calendar view. In other words, only have it appear in search results?

Miriam
    Participant

Can you exclude past events from general site search?

Miriam
    Participant

Can you have co-organizers?

Mark Shaw

hi guys.. I have the time.ly calendar plug in.. it is causing major web host issues re resources that it needs to run.. so in terms of resources is your plug in any better? and 2. how do i get 500 calendar events on to this new plug in? is there an easy solution? cheers.. Mark

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hey everyone,

Thanks so much for all your questions, but this thread is getting a little unwieldy and confusing. Can I ask that when you have questions you start your own thread? Honestly, I’m not even sure who to reply to here.

Since Rebecca started the thread, let’s go with her.

There is one possibility for displaying store hours, but it would be tied to events. Our PRO plugin does allow for Custom Event Attributes where you could add a text field to display hours such as http://d.pr/i/x6VF. But it doesn’t help with the searching that you are looking for and it’s tied to events, not venues. That’s not something our plugin is designed to do. And you are right that adding that as metadata for the venue would be custom development and so I can’t speak to what searching would be like in that environment.

Sorry I can’t give you a more concrete answer, but since what you are looking for is going to require customization, perhaps your questions are better asked of the developer that would be doing the work.

— Julie

Rebecca

Sorry for the confusion, I didn’t realize that I was logged into our illuminea account (Miriam’s account) when posting the latest questions. Basically, it would be amazing if you could go through that list of 12 questions and tell me what’s included and what’s custom programming but I think the most important ones would be:

1. Is it possible to create an event that happens every day but hide it from the calendar view. In other words, only have it appear in search results?

2. Can you exclude past events from general site search?

3. Can you have co-organizers?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Pre-sales questions’ is closed to new replies.