Pre-sales question relating to Community Events Plugin

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Pre-sales question relating to Community Events Plugin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    athyg
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m considering purchasing this plugin, but was wondering if it allows users to create ‘private’ events. Have gone through the features for this plugin, but this info isn’t evident.
    What I’m after is the ability for registered users to enter ‘events’ on the calendar that will be visible only to themselves & possibly any other users – which they specify.
    Additional functionality required – reminder email notification to be sent to user (event owners) prior to event date. Is this functionality available with Community Events? Have checked Events Calendar Pro and it doesn’t seem to provide this functionality.

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hey athyg,

Yeah, that’s not the way it’s designed exactly. Events entered through the Community Events interface don’t default to Private (the three choices are: https://cloudup.com/cS8jDsEd5YT). You might be able to use this tutorial to restrict some of the events though https://theeventscalendar.com/how-to-hide-events-from-unregistered-users/ and possibly use an additional plugin for the reminder emails, which is something our plugin doesn’t do.

I’m not sure that’s the most elegant solution for you, but it might work. Does that make sense?

– Julie

athyg
    Participant

Ok – thanks. I’ll give it a shot and see how it goes.
    Any tips on plugins around that could handle the notifications?
    Thanks again.

Leah

Hi athyg,

I wish I could recommend something, but I’m not familiar with a plugin that does notifications like this. You might try searching through our PRO Forum and see if someone else mentions one. Good luck!

Best,

Leah

techuser
    Participant

Hello,

Has this Community Events plugin been updated to send out any event notifications?

Thanks,
    Vic

Leah

Hi techuser,

Community Events does not include email notifications at this time. I’d love to have you submit the idea on our UserVoice page. That way you can stay updated and other people can vote for it too.

Best,

Leah

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Pre-sales question relating to Community Events Plugin’ is closed to new replies.