Pre-sales question: Recurring event within the same day?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Pre-sales question: Recurring event within the same day?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dave Woods

Hello,

I’m considering purchasing Events Calendar Pro for a website I’m creating, but the recurring events functionality will most definitely be the deciding factor.

Specifically, there will be times when I have a second instance of the exact same event taking place within the same day. Hypothetical example: On March 1, there is a performance at 9 AM, and then again at 12 PM. I want BOTH times to appear separately in the calendar when end users browse through it, but when either event entry is clicked, both should lead to the SAME address (eg: website.com/event-page) since the descriptive content for each event is identical.

In other words, I DON’T want to have to create two identical but different pages / URLs for each same-day occurrence. I DO want to attach all same-day times / occurrences to one single page / URL, just as a would a recurrence taking place on a different day.

Does EC Pro offer the kind of same-day recurrence I’m looking for? Please advise. Thank you!

Dave

Leah

Hi Dave,

Thanks for getting in touch, and for thoroughly explaining what you’re looking for. Unfortunately, we do not have that kind of functionality at this time. You would need to make two separate but identical entries. Even with our regular Recurring Events functionality for different days, the events have different urls because we need to differentiate between the one on x date vs. y date. Those urls look something like /events/event_name/yyyy-mm-dd/.

We are working on making our Recurring Events feature more robust and adjustable for situations like this. I’d love to have you add your votes to our UserVoice thread. You can also subscribe to that thread, which will be updated as we progress. I’m sorry we can’t meet your exact needs, but perhaps we can in the future 🙂

Let me know if there’s anything else I can do for you.

Best,

Leah

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Pre-sales question: Recurring event within the same day?’ is closed to new replies.