Pre Sales Feature Questions

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Pre Sales Feature Questions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Raquel

Hi There,
    I’d like to know if I can speak to someone about pre-sales questions that I have. Specifically:

1. Can users login to edit personal information after a ticket has been purchased (not changes to an actual purchase, just account information)
    2. Can you set a time limit for ticket purchases (i.e. if purchase is not completed within 10 minutes, tickets will not be held in cart)
    3. Queues – when someone begins filling out information, tickets will be held for them to complete the purchase, so long as they do so within the 10 minute limit.
    4. Can you sell multiple types of tickets for a single event and mix and match tickets (i.e. VIP tickets, parking, general admission).
    5. If there are multiple types of tickets, can you limit the number of tickets available for each type?
    6. Can you limit the number of tickets that can be purchased at once for an event?
    7. Is there a sample of data and the way it can be reported/exported from ticket sales?

Sorry for the multitude of questions, but any additional information or a walkthrough would be greatly appreciated.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Raquel,

Thanks for reaching out and thank you for your questions! I’d be more than happy to answer them for you. 🙂

1. Can users login to edit personal information after a ticket has been purchased (not changes to an actual purchase, just account information)

If you mean the WordPress user account details, then yes, they can.

Purchase information and information submitted with the ticket purchase through the additional fields, they cannot.

2. Can you set a time limit for ticket purchases (i.e. if purchase is not completed within 10 minutes, tickets will not be held in cart)

This is usually handled by the eCommerce plugin you choose to use. Currently we support WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads. I know for sure that WooCommerce has a setting where you can define how long a cart should be saved for.

3. Queues – when someone begins filling out information, tickets will be held for them to complete the purchase, so long as they do so within the 10 minute limit.

No, there are no queues in place out of the box. Stock will only decrease once a ticket is purchased. This however would also be handled by the eCommerce plugin, so you can search if there is an extension that would enable you this feature.

4. Can you sell multiple types of tickets for a single event and mix and match tickets (i.e. VIP tickets, parking, general admission).

For an event you can set up as many type of tickets as you want. They can all have their own price and selling dates. Or even additional data fields.

If by mix and match you mean whether a user can put different tickets of the same event in their basket, then yes. Even multiple tickets from multiple events.

5. If there are multiple types of tickets, can you limit the number of tickets available for each type?

Yes, you can set a stock for each ticket individually, or you can use global stock for any number of tickets within the event. And you can even limit a ticket even if it is in the global stock.

As an example: you have 3 ticket types, single, extra, VIP.

You have a stock of 100 for single tickets.

You use a global stock of 50 for extra and VIP. As an addition, there can be only 20 VIP max.
    So you can sell for example:

• 20 VIP and 30 (or less) extra
    • 10 VIP and 40 (or less) extra
    • 50 (or less) extra

6. Can you limit the number of tickets that can be purchased at once for an event?

This is not possible out of the box, however I believe that can be achieved with an extra WooCommerce plugin (like this or this) and a bit of customization to our plugins.

7. Is there a sample of data and the way it can be reported/exported from ticket sales?

I can share with you these screenshots of the attendee report and the order report.

I hope my answers will be helpful and if you should have any more, please let me know.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Pre Sales Feature Questions’ is closed to new replies.