Pre-sale license questions for The Events Calendar PRO

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Pre-sale license questions for The Events Calendar PRO

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brian

I am building a new site for a non-profit group and I intend to use The Events Calendar PRO. I am preparing to buy the license myself but I have a couple of questions. I know that you recommend that the client buy the license, but that’s not possible for now because I’m essentially adding this feature “on spec” and the board won’t be signing off on it until after they can see it in action on the site. I also know that you do provide free licenses for some approved non-profits.

My questions: (1) If my client later applies for the free non-profit license and is approved, can I substitute their free license on the site and then use the license that I purchase on a different site? (2) If my client later applies for the non-profit license and is not approved, can I transfer ownership of my purchased license to the client?

Thanks. This looks like an awesome product.

Brian

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hi Brian,

It sounds like you are familiar with our non-profit program (https://theeventscalendar.com/non-profits/), so to answer your questions: (1) Yes, you can remove your license and replace it with the non-profit license and then re-use yours on another site. (2) Not exactly. We can’t transfer ownership, but what we could do, if you reference this thread, is refund your money when you purchase the non-profit’s license.

Also, one thing to be aware of, with the non-profit program, they are given a copy of the plugin as it exists on the date they are approved. It does not include support or updates. If you wanted to keep the plugin updated, you might want to pursue having the non-profit purchase their own copy.

If you have any additional questions, please just ask!

— Julie

Brian

Hi Julie,

Thanks for your help. I’ll bookmark this thread just in case option #2 becomes necessary.

Brian

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Sure, Brian. Just let us know if/when the time comes. Good luck with your development!

— Julie

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Pre-sale license questions for The Events Calendar PRO’ is closed to new replies.