Pre-Purchase Question on listing charges

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Pre-Purchase Question on listing charges

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    imperativeideas
    Participant

Hey Tribe,

After days of convincing, my client has admitted that your events plugin is probably a better option than the Templatic nightlife theme (phew). What I need to check, is whether you have a native system for listing charges built into community events. Basically, this is a formerly major nightlife website that is getting a facelift. Promoters will list their events and can buy a premium “featured” position at various levels.That’s pretty straightforward on the Templatic theme the client fell in love with but I haven’t seen any evidence of this feature in Community events.

Screenshot: http://templatic.com/wp-themes/nightlife/mainfeature_screenshot3.jpg

Granted, I can roll my own system for doing this and bootstrap it on top of your community events plugin using a hook, but that’s a lot of extra hours. I’m hoping (fingers and toes crossed) that you’re going to tell me this is already built into your system.

So what’s it going to be?

Thanks,
    Ian

Casey D

Hello imperativeideas,

Thanks for reaching to us!

If I understand correctly, you want site users (the public) to be able to submit events with a price attached. Is this correct?

You will be able to do that out of the box with the Community Events plugin.

Here is a screenshot of my local system, running a very basic install with the Twentytwelve theme. As you can see can see at the bottom, the event price is added by default.

Submit an Event   Events Plugin

You can also test this out by registering at our demo site >> http://wpshindig.com/events/community/add

Does this make sense? Let me know if I can clarify anything!

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

imperativeideas
    Participant

Almost correct.

I need to charge the community never got the listing on one of several optional packages. The site has 35,000 members so its monetized through featured event listings.

That’s quite seperate from the cost of the event.

imperativeideas
    Participant

God. Autocorrect.

I need to charge the community member placing the event listing.

imperativeideas
    Participant

1. Submit event details
    2. Optionally buy a premium listing
    3. Optionally book an event photographer

2 and 3 are just paid package levels.

Casey D

So free submission, with options to upgrade, correct?

The short answer is ‘No, Community Events doesn’t do *that* out of the box.’ It’s lightweight and meant for free community contributions.

But you seem like a pretty savvy guy and I think you could build a pretty quick solution without spending extra hours on it.

Do you already have a ecommerce plugin attached?

Off the top of my head, you could create a ‘Upgrade listing’ additional field that is a checkbox, and then redirect to a WooCommerce item afterwards.

One of the other support devs suggested using the WPMembers plugin to put the submit page behind a paywall, but I don’t think that is what you are looking for.

If you have a moment, we’d love for you to submit your idea to our UserVoice forum. We take user ideas and contributions very seriously, and many times their ideas end up in our future releases.

Does this make sense? Let me know if I can clarify anything for you.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

imperativeideas
    Participant

More than likely I’ll create a custom post type for premium features/packages then see if I can link them through Posts 2 Posts using the payment response call. That’s the cleanest solution, but it’s also the most time consuming to craft.

Casey D

Sounds good. Is there anything else I can help with?

I’ll be happy to help where I can!

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Pre-Purchase Question on listing charges’ is closed to new replies.