pre-html part

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events pre-html part

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ruud
    Participant

Hi,

I just purchased the community events plugin, and noticed that the pre html content (which can be added under the Display tab and which I use to offer visitors brief guidance on how to use the search options and filters), is also displayed on the community events page. Hence visitors perceive the same text when searching for events and adding events themselves.

Any way to prevents this. Ideally, both have their own intro. Alternatively, I´d like to hide the intor text for the community events page.

(secondly, many words on the community events page are english, not Dutch (language adopted for the site in question); if you can provide me with a list of english terms adopted for Community Events, I would be more than happy to deliver Dutch translations….).

Best regards,
    Ruud

Geoff B.

Good morning Ruud and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Any way to prevents this. Ideally, both have their own intro.

You are right, at this point, there is only 1 pre-HTML for every possible screen.

However, you could add specific HTML to the Community Events page using a custom page template. You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

Basically, you can override the template in place and add your custom HTML where you see fit.

Alternatively, I´d like to hide the intor text for the community events page.

Try adding the following CSS rule to your style.css file or in your Custom CSS metabox:

#tribe-community-events .tribe-events-before-html {display: none !important}

Of course, any help translating the plugins is always welcome, especially since that benefits everybody.

You can read about how that process works here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/adding-or-updating-a-translation/

In the meantime, I believe the Community Events translation in Dutch is fairly advanced (91%). You can see it here: http://translations.theeventscalendar.com/projects/tribe-events-community

If, for some reason, you are noticing that all of these translations are not displaying on your site, please let me know so that we can help you fix that.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Ruud
    Participant

Thanks Geoff

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Ruud,

I am super stoked that worked for you.

You are welcome back in our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘pre-html part’ is closed to new replies.