Potential Conflict with Restrict Content Pro

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Potential Conflict with Restrict Content Pro

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Alex Vasquez
    Participant

I’m using The events calendar pro and I am having an issue with events not being displayed to logged-out visitors when viewing items as a list. However, when you change to a monthly calendar/weekly or daily view. Upon logging in this issue goes away.

I disabled all plugins and finally determined that Restrict Content Pro was the root cause since when the plugin is disabled the error does not happen.

Curious if this has happened before.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy hmc,

I am sorry about the delayed response. I typed one up a few hours after you posted, but I must have exited the window too quickly after hitting submit because it’s clearly not here now. 🙁

I have not seen that problem before. And searching through the site I can not find a single other user of that plugin, at least one who has mentioned it by name.

If that plugin restricts the wp-admin/ directory, that is probably the cause. wp-admin hosts one file that non admins access all the time, admin-ajax.php. For whatever reason WP has put the ajax API inside of that file. So if you restrict the directory, it breaks ajax WP wide for anyone that hits the restriction. If this is an option inside of Restrict Content, disable it so that everyone can access wp-admin.

Did that help at all? Please let me know. Cheers!

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Since this topic has gone for a spell without and update I am going to archive. If however you still need anything please feel free to open a new topic and we will be happy to help.

Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Potential Conflict with Restrict Content Pro’ is closed to new replies.