Posts 2 Posts Connections & Event End Time

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Posts 2 Posts Connections & Event End Time

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ipsdc
    Participant

I’ve discovered a bug in which P2P connections don’t show up or work in the WordPress backend unless the event end time is set in the future. This is using the latest version of both plugins (EC 3.5.1 and P2P 1.6.3).

I must also note, the plugins don’t work at all together unless this patch is applied which I found on other threads in this forum.
    https://github.com/scribu/wp-posts-to-posts/issues/249

It’s been promised in past threads that EC would work without the above patch, but it still does not as of 3.5.1. Can a dev please look into this? It would be much appreciated!

Thank you,
    Brian

Barry

Hi Brian, I’ll certainly get this logged for further investigation. Do note that we’re probably not going to be able to turn around a fix, if a fix is appropriate, in the very near term – simply because we have a large number of features to progress already – and so it could realistically be more than one release cycle before we can get to this.

Thanks for reporting 🙂

ipsdc
    Participant

Hi Barry, I’d appreciate if someone can at least looking into why connections don’t show in the backend without the event end time being set in the future. This is a new regression. It worked in past Event Calendar 3.x versions.

Barry

We’ve logged an issue and will certainly look into this in due course – but I’m afraid we can’t do any more in the short term.

The snippet you’re relying on is fairly old at this point and as you can imagine there have been many changes since it was written: ultimately, if you choose to integrate two plugins by different vendors, that’s a responsibility you are taking on and though we’ll happily investigate any bugs – confirmed or potential – we do have processes that need to be followed (and existing issues that have already been prioritized and may need to be attended to first) and so there may be a delay before we get to them.

That all to say, we’re not uninterested in helping by any means – but unfortunately we can’t pounce on this right at this very moment and hope that is understandable 🙂

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to update you here. We were not able to fix this issue in time for our upcoming release (3.6). However, it is still very much a priority and we plan to work on it for a future maintenance release. We will keep you posted on our progress. Thank you for your patience and support!

Best,
    Leah

ipsdc
    Participant

Thank you for the update, Leah.

I am eagerly awaiting the fix.

Barry

Thanks for your patience, ipsdc 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Posts 2 Posts Connections & Event End Time’ is closed to new replies.