Posting Facebook Events from Facebook Group

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Posting Facebook Events from Facebook Group

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jason

Is it possible to post Facebook Events from a Facebook Group?

Joyce Grace

Hello Jason,

Yes you can, but you’d have to do them individually. The Facebook Events add-on works by grabbing Event IDs from the Facebook Events app. Right now in a group, Events are added using the Events App and then are attached to a group. So the group itself doesn’t own any events. But you can always import individual events that have been posted to the group’s “Events” page and import them one by one into The Events Calendar. It’s really easy and super fast. It would only get tedious if you had hundreds of events to import.

Hope this helps!

Jason

Thank you, Joyce. Is there a way to configure the plugin to have *new* events posted in a Facebook Group automatically sent to The Events Calendar? Or would I need to manually import every *new* event from The Events Calendar? Basically, is it an automated “push”…or a manual “pull”?

Thanks,
    Jason

Jason

Following up to see if there a way to configure the plugin to have *new* events posted in a Facebook Group automatically sent to The Events Calendar? Or would I need to manually import every *new* event from The Events Calendar?
    Thanks,
    Jason

Rob

Thanks for the follow-up, Jason. Just a heads up that given our limited support bandwidth it can take us up to 48 hours to get a response here on the forum – so I’d say hold off on posting follow-ups until at least that long has passed 🙂

If you’re using the auto-import feature in Facebook Events, that will automatically pull in new events at the interval you select (hourly, daily, etc). This should eliminate the need to continually import individual events as they’re published.

Hope that helps. If you’ve got other questions, just let us know. Thanks again for your interest.

Jason

That works.
    Thanks,
    Jason

Joyce Grace

Hi Jason, just keep in mind that what I told you about the Facebook groups and the Events app still stands true. Facebook groups themselves do not have their own events. Members can submit them to the group, using their personal profiles, and Pages can host events and invite a group as well.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Posting Facebook Events from Facebook Group’ is closed to new replies.