Post Type Order Plugin Causes Events to Reorder Non-Chronologically in List View

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Post Type Order Plugin Causes Events to Reorder Non-Chronologically in List View

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Adam
    Participant

I noticed there is a thread about this in the forums already, but it sounds like the person just deactivated the Post Type Order plugin. I’d still like to be able to use it. I didn’t know if there is a way to not have the plugin interface with The Events Calendar on your end? I use it on a lot of sites I create. I have disabled the plugin for the time being.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Adam,

How are you wanting to use the Post Type Order plugin and what issues are you running into?

– Jonah

Adam
    Participant

Jonah, I am using the Post Type Order plugin to re-order some of my custom post types on the site. The problem is, when it is active, the calendar in list view shows up in reverse time order, when I click “Next Day”. Ideally, the two plugins would not talk to one another. Not sure if that is possible. I can activate the plugin, and show you an example if you’d like.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Adam,

Hmm, I have the plugin installed and activated on my end and I’m not able to reproduce this. And do you mean you click “Next Day” in day view? I’m confused, can you please test things out a bit more and provide me some more details as to exactly what’s going on?

Thanks,
    Jonah

Adam
    Participant

Yes, I can do some more testing.
    Just so you know what page I’m looking at…if I go to this page:
    http://www.heritagehillsathleticclub.com/events/
    And scroll down, and click Next Day at the bottom, the first event to be listed is an evening event and as you go down the page, it works its way down to the morning events. So it’s backwards. Right now it’s working right because I have deactivated the Post Type Order plugin. If I active it, it will happen again.
    Here is a link to another thread where it looks like someone is having the same problem:
    https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/display-events-on-calendar-in-chronogical-order-by-time/

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Adam,

I’m still not seeing the issue here. It looks like all the events are ordered correct to me. Yes you have evening events that are listed first, but they start earlier than anything else which is what’s putting them in the earlier time slots. Am I missing something? Can you provide some more specific examples if I am?

Thanks,
    Jonah

Adam
    Participant

Jonah, the reason there is no problem right now is because the Post Type Order plugin is deactivated. The moment I activate it, the order of the events are listed in reverse chronological order. If you would like to see this in action, I can active the plugin, but I’d prefer not to have it that way for an extended period of time, because obviously it is not ideal for my users.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Adam,

I’ve got the plugin installed on my end and am not seeing the problem. Yes, please reactivate it and give me some specific examples where you are seeing the issue.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Adam
    Participant

Okay, I have activated Post Type Order and my events are reverse chronological now. If you go to this page: http://www.heritagehillsathleticclub.com/events/
    …and then scroll down and click “Next Day” they will appear in reverse chronological order. Are you seeing this? I have a local version of this site where I used the the WP 2012 template and it was still ordered incorrectly.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Adam,

Ok I see it now but I’m still not experiencing this on my end with both plugins activated. Have you tried deactivating all other plugins to see if some other plugin is causing problems here?

Adam
    Participant

Yes, my local version only has the calendar and post type order active, running WP 2012 theme, and it’s not ordered correctly. Once i deactivate Post Type Order, it’s good. I’m going to move ahead without the Post Type Order plugin, and I’ll just change the publish date of my custom post types and that will solve the problem.

Jonah
    Participant

Sounds good Adam, sorry I couldn’t get this resolved for you.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Post Type Order Plugin Causes Events to Reorder Non-Chronologically in List View’ is closed to new replies.