Post Order in List View

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Post Order in List View

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Gregg
    Participant

The order in which events are listed in list view becomes messed up/non-intuitive when navigating past/future events (using the links at the bottom of the page). If I click on previous events it lists previous events for 2012 before 2013 events (i.e. Dec 2012, Nov 2012, etc., then Jun 2013, May 2013, etc.) Logically these should appear in reverse chronological order starting with 2013.

If I then navigate forward back to upcoming events, the post order is now reversed from the initial view (e.g. Dec 2013, Nov 2013,etc.) instead of the nearest event appearing first (Sept, Oct, Nov, etc.) Lastly, the event order beneath the mini calendar widget is reversed.

Rob

Hey Gregg. Thanks for the note here, and I apologize that it took this long to get you a reply. You raise an interesting point: the first part of this behavior as you’ve described it is by design, but the second does sound like a bug. However I’m unable to recreate it on both my local or on the site you’ve linked to.

Was this fixed in the 3.0.3 / 3.0.5 upgrade, or did you resolve this yourself? Let me know if I”m misunderstood and I’ll do my best to get this sorted in as timely a fashion as possible.

notionist
    Participant

I am having a similar issue.
    I want my posts to be ordered by start date.
    If I tweak the WP Query the posts display in the order I want, but the minute I click on the jQUery Date picker or the “prev event + next event” link the values reset and display backwards.

Also the title is wrong by default “Events for August 21, 2013 through August 12, 2013” its also backwards.
    Feel Free to Take a look: http://dreamdelmar.com/events/

Gregg
    Participant

This thankfully seems to have been resolved in the latest updates. Looking good!

notionist
    Participant

This Doesn’t really help. I am still having the issue and I am running the latest release of “The events cal. 3.0.3” & “The events cal. pro 3.0.5”. I had to temporarily display none the list/bar

notionist
    Participant

Issue has not been resolved. Some assistance plz.
    EventsCalPro Post order issues on fresh install when viewing events in List View http://cl.ly/image/1N0y1I043z35 … See pic title & post dates.

Rob

Hey Notionist. Thanks for the follow-up here; bummer to hear the update didn’t fix the problem as it did for Gregg there.

The only real difference between your environments that I’m seeing is Gregg was using the default ordering, whereas you’re running with a tweaked query. My guess is that’s why it’s occurring and why it persists even on a stock install.

Events should order by start date on default…is there a reason you had to tweak the query to begin with? Was that not behaving like it should?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Post Order in List View’ is closed to new replies.