Post event link on facebook fails

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Post event link on facebook fails

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    clintaugust
    Participant

Hi, When we post the event link to FB it doesn’t import an image or the correct event info. How do I fix that? I took an event link from your demo page and pasted into my FB and it was perfect. If I paste a link from my events it doesn’t use the right image or copy that goes with the event.

Thank you!

Barry

Hi – sorry it’s not working for you.

Perhaps your theme or another plugin is interfering?

Unfortunately, we don’t really have too much control over the image etc that Facebook picks when you embed a link within their own service. Running through our standard troubleshooting steps though might help you to isolate if there’s a conflict somewhere along the line.

clintaugust
    Participant

Thank you! I understand the FB image thing and I can deal with the image issue, but the copy part is a bit of a deal breaker. I am reluctant to disable the theme since it kills off widget settings when I do that. I disabled all other plug-ins (except your events & community events) an no luck.

Barry

OK, from our standpoint though I’m not sure what else to suggest. Would it be possible to test this out on a test site (could be as simple as installing a fresh copy of WordPress in a subdirectory, and initially installing only our plugins) and see if the problem can be replicated there – without your theme?

Depending on the test result, of course, you could continue to verify if adding your theme brings about the problem you described.

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Post event link on facebook fails’ is closed to new replies.