Possible to remove "News from Modern Tribe" dashboard widget?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Possible to remove "News from Modern Tribe" dashboard widget?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    James

Is there a way to remove the dashboard widget globally? Thanks.

Joyce Grace

Hello James, not sure what you mean by “globally” (other parts of the site where the dashboard widget shows? Or are you speaking of different widgets?), however, on your WordPress Dashboard, if you click on “Screen options” in the top right corner, you can uncheck the box that says “News from Modern Tribe.”

Hope that helps! Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

James

Thanks Joyce that is helpful but I was looking for something different (sorry was not clear). I am looking for not having it show up on the dashboard by default. For example, a new user registers on my site an logs into the admin area, I do not want them to see the ModernTribe news dashboard by default (not having to take any action – ie go to Screen Options).

Joyce Grace

Hi James,
    That is a tough one. Have you tried this setting: http://d.pr/i/xdfk
    I will ask the other team members if they know. I’m sure there is a plugin or a way to control all your Dashboard widgets out there – have you searched wordpress.org for anything yet?

Joyce Grace

Hello James! I found out this is all you need to do:

Add this to the theme’s functions.php file:

function disable_tribe_dashboard_widget() {
    remove_meta_box(‘tribe_dashboard_widget’, ‘dashboard’, ‘normal’);
    }
    add_action(‘admin_menu’, ‘disable_tribe_dashboard_widget’);

Let me know if you need anything else with this.

James

Hi Joyce,
    Thanks for your help on this. I have added this but unfortunately the widget still shows up. Perhaps I’m missing a step. This below is what my functions.php file for my theme looks like:

James

//

James

Screenshot of it here: http://cl.ly/3S1C0z230E3d1d1b0A1k

Jonah
    Participant

Hi James,

It looks like the single quotes got converted to apostrophes in the code. Please make sure they are actually single quotes like in the previous block of code in your functions.php file.

– Jonah

Torstein
    Participant

annoying little buggers those apostrophes…

Joyce Grace

🙂

David
    Participant

The above didn’t work for me, however using the Dashboard Widgets API http://codex.wordpress.org/Dashboard_Widgets_API does:

// Remove unwanted dashboard items
    function dmc_custom_dashboard_widgets() {
    global $wp_meta_boxes;
    // Tribe Dashboard widget
    unset($wp_meta_boxes[‘dashboard’][‘normal’][‘core’][‘tribe_dashboard_widget’]);
    }
    add_action(‘wp_dashboard_setup’, ‘dmc_custom_dashboard_widgets’);

Leah

Thanks for posting this so other users can benefit! Did that get everything working for you?

~Leah

ereckers
    Participant

I actually had problems with all solutions listed here. I’ve removed the Tribe dashboard widget in this way:

/*
    * Remove “News from Modern Tribe” dashboard widget
    */
    function remove_tribe_dashboard_widget() {
    remove_meta_box( ‘tribe_dashboard_widget’, ‘dashboard’, ‘side’ );
    }
    add_action(‘wp_dashboard_setup’, ‘remove_tribe_dashboard_widget’ );

Leah

Hi ereckers,

The plugin has changed a great deal since 2012 so I’m not surprised these solutions here didn’t work. I’m glad you found something that would work!

Best,

Leah

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Possible to remove "News from Modern Tribe" dashboard widget?’ is closed to new replies.