Possible to ONLY RSVP?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Possible to ONLY RSVP?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Regis Chapman
    Participant

I’m in a situation where suddenly with two months to go to our main event, I’m being asked to suddenly gather information about who of the attendees wants to go on Tours of the local area.

We need some sense of numbers to set all this up, and I would have wanted to know this from the start, but I’m wondering if I can set up an event with a ticket that ONLY asks the RSVP questions and does not require a person to go through the whole “ticket checkout” process?

People are already very confused by the need to checkout for our Volunteer tickets as it is, and I want to encourage people to report their interest, not discourage it.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Regis!

Thanks for reaching out to us. I will try to answer your questions.

RSVPs are very similar to tickets, but with no price or checkout process. You can create the RSVP right alongside your tickets, and add the questions for the information that you need to collect.

However, there isn’t a built in way to associate the RSVPs with the tickets. You will need to handle the two individually.

Let me know if this helps, or if you have any other questions.

Thanks again,
    Sky

Regis Chapman
    Participant

Oh, I understood that I HAD to create a ticket and ONLY inside that ticket could I then ask for that information.

THanks,
    Regis

Sky
    Keymaster

Regis,

Well, that would certainly be the best way to approach it, if you had set it up in the beginning. But I think this sounds like a good solution after the fact.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Sky

Regis Chapman
    Participant

As a follow up to that, what is the best way to approach situations where you need to add an RSVP after the fact?

I feel like I should add the RSVP to the tickets, but then I would only capture those who will buy tickets now, and I’m not sure how to make an RSVP that links across two tickets and perhaps a third, because I need to basically put in an RSVP on the home page related to both of the new items I am trying to estimate attendance for.

So, I’m a bit confused as to how to manage that.

Sky
    Keymaster

Regis,

Not sure exactly what you’re trying to do, but as I said there’s no way to associate RSVPs with tickets. They are two separate things.

Here’s an article explaining how the RSVPs work: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/rsvps/

And another about managing your orders: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/managing-your-orders-and-attendees/

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Possible to ONLY RSVP?’ is closed to new replies.