Possible fix for PRO Recurring Events and WooCommerce Tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Possible fix for PRO Recurring Events and WooCommerce Tickets

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    turboecart
    Participant

Hi,

Ever since we purchased Events Calendar PRO and the WooCommerce Tickets Add-on, I’ve been following the topic of the recurring events not being compatible with this add-on.

It seems that a lot of people are asking for this feature, yet there is no estimate date of availability given.

The problem as it stands with recurring events and WooCommerce tickets seems to be that tickets are created for the original event in the recurring series and are tied to that original event, regardless of the actual event where the tickets are purchased. Thus, if the user purchases a ticket for an event which is in the future from the original event, the tickets will still show the details (date and time) of the original event. Similarly, the attendees list will only populate for the original event, while the attendees list for subsequent (recurring) events will be empty.

So far, the only workaround has been to break out a given event from the series and manage it independently. This fixes all these issues (but introduces other inconvenients), assuming you recreate the tickets once the event was taken out of the series.

Of course, if your series contains dozens of events, breaking out each one of them and managing it independently basically defies the purpose of having recurring events in the first place, since it equates to creating the same event as many times as needed manually (minus the copying and pasting part for details and description).

Thus, since recurring events and tickets are the core of the site we purchased Events Calendar PRO and WooCommerce Tickets for, I decided to take a stab at it today and tackle this issue myself.

I believe I may have found a fix, although I had to edit a plugin file directly, since the function did not seem pluggable or filterable.

The changes I made now allow for tickets purchased from recurring events (not broken out from their respective series) to show the correct date and time for given event (instead of the incorrect date and time of the original event in the series), as well as indicate this information in the order details screen in the admin, as well as the email that go out to the client (which includes the order complete email and the tickets email).

It also allows for the event information (date and time, although this could be customized) to be shown on the cart page for each ticket line item, as well as the checkout page and the order confirmation/success page.

Additionally, the attendees list for a recurring event also gets populated correctly, instead of being empty.

Unless there other issues that I am not aware of, I believe this basically fixes what’s been missing from the add-on (WooCommerce Tickets) to be compatible with the recurring events feature of Events Calendar PRO.

I would be happy to provide more details to anybody in the support team if they’d be willing to use these fixes and release an updated version of the plugin, thus providing official compatibility, so that the changes I made don’t break the next time the plugin gets updated (since I had to edit the plugin files directly).

I know a lot of people have been asking and are possibly waiting for a fix and I am hoping that this will help speed things up a bit.

Looking forward to hearing from the support team.

Thank you.

Josh
    Participant

Hey!

Thanks for reaching out to us!

You’re right, this is definitely something that has been in demand and on our radar for a while. We tentatively have a fix coming for this issue in the next release. Barring any issues with development, compatibility or our QA process, we expect to have a fix available within our next release.

That’s awesome you’re willing to show the solution you’ve found! You can send the information to support[at]theeventscalendar.com while referencing this ticket. I know others have submitted some patches in the past that work, however they were things we weren’t able to implement due to other plugin feature conflicts and backwards compatibility issues.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Possible fix for PRO Recurring Events and WooCommerce Tickets’ is closed to new replies.