Possible Bug: Recurring Events – Can't Show Second Event on First Day of Series

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Possible Bug: Recurring Events – Can't Show Second Event on First Day of Series

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Martha
    Participant

Dear Support Team,
    I am using Events Calendar Pro and Community Calendar for the WomenArts calendar at: http://www.WomenArts.org/swandates/
    On the whole it is working great, but I am finding that when there are shows that have two performances a day, I cannot get the second performance on the first day to show up. For instance, here is a schedule for some dance performances that was submitted today:
    Friday, April 29 – 7pm & 9pm

Saturday, April 30 – 7pm & 9pm

Sunday, May 1 – 5pm & 7pm

I was able to get all of the dates and times to show except for April 29 at 9 p.m. I have had some other events with similar patterns and I had the same problem – the second show on the first day of the run would not show.

I think this is a bug – but if you are able to get all of the events to show as a recurring pattern – please send me a screenshot so that I can see how to do it.
    Thanks.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Martha,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

It sounds like you may have run into an existing limitation involving recurring events. When these events are created, the get created with a structure of “/event-name/date”. Unfortunately with this structure there can only be one event within the recurrence per day.

I know there have been some discussions on this limitation though and I’ll reach out to see where we currently are in addressing this particular issue.

I apologize for any inconvenience due to this particular issue.

Thanks!

Martha
    Participant

This reply is private.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Martha,

Thanks for following up with this information.

Out of curiosity here (and to give me the information I need to help recreate/troubleshoot). Could you send me a screenshot of the full settings for creating the recurring event within your dashboard?

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Possible Bug: Recurring Events – Can't Show Second Event on First Day of Series’ is closed to new replies.