Possible Bug – Custom Field Checkboxes

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Possible Bug – Custom Field Checkboxes

• This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Rob.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Liana

Hello again, am having issues with the events custom fields, I have set up a field with the following params:
    [Field Label] Featured Event | [Field Type] Checkbox | [Field Options] featured
    The idea is to have the author choose wether the event should be featured or not (theme has been coded to check the post_meta surrounding this and display accordingly).
    Unfortunately it seems if I have an event that has been featured and I want to de-feature it, when they click on the checkbox (to untick it) and click update, nothing happens and the checkbox stays ticked (obviously does not clear the meta either so the event stays featured).

Any ideas?

Rob

Thanks for reporting this, Liana. I was just able to recreate on my end too, using the 2.0.2 code base. Looks like this is a bug. I’ve got it logged for the team to fix in the 2.1 release and we’re looking into it now; goal is to have that out within a few weeks and we’re currently on target to do so. My apologies for the inconvenience in the interim. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Rob

Hey again Liana. Just wanted to confirm that we’ve got this fixed for the 2.0.3 release; I just tested the updated code base and your issue no longer persists. Just a heads up to watch for 2.0.3 over the next week or so!

Liana

Sorry to bump and old post but just updated to 2.0.4 and this still seems to be an issue for me, wondering if its on my end or still a problem with the plugin?

Rob

Hey Liana. That’s odd; my guess is that it’s isolated to your install, but I’d update to 2.0.5 (which just came out today) and try that. Any luck? If it’s still problematic I can try to help you track down the culprit.

Liana

Hello again Rob, sorry for the late reply once again, have updated to 2.0.5 but am still having the issue and now cannot seem to work out where to edit the actual event custom fields data, any advice? (I have both The Events calendar + Events Calendar PRO installed, should I try reinstalling PRO?)

Liana

Actually while i’m here, the other bug I seem to have is with the starting date, Its set to 9:00 am for example and when I grab the $event->EventStartDate it seems to add random minutes to it (ie. 9:07am) by the way the website is: http://www.australiandesignreview.com.au

Rob

Hey Liana. Sorry to hear you’re still having problems. I was actually just able to recreate this problem myself, which means it’s been re-introduced in the 2.0.5 code. Thanks for bringing this back to our attention…I’ve made sure it’s logged again to be fixed in the next release.

You can now access the custom fields by going to Settings -> The Events Calendar, then hitting the “Additional Fields” tab. Note that won’t show if you’re not using PRO.

Would you mind posting the other issue in a new thread? We can take a look at it but I’ll need a dev to do so, and don’t want to create confusion by having multiple issues in one thread. Thanks!

Liana

Thanks, can I get an ETA on the checkbox fix?
    When I go into Settings -> The Events Calendar the only tabs I have are “General”, “Template” and “Help” I have both Events Calendar PRO and The Events Calendar installed (and have a key for PRO), should I try re-installing PRO?

Will post minute problem in other thread thanks

Rob

Hi Liana. Generally we do a dot-release (ie 2.0.5, 2.0.6, etc) at the start of each month. While the feature set for what will make the cut and what won’t isn’t generally finalized until the week leading up to that, my guess is that this fix – given how minor it is – will be included in this next release, which is 2.0.6.

It sounds like something else is at play with regards to your Settings fields, since there are always the standard 6 tabs (http://cl.ly/3s1n1A37002z0Y0S2131) when PRO is activated. Whether or not you have the key in place shouldn’t matter.

Can you confirm that you’re running 2.0.5 for both The Events Calendar and PRO? They’ll need to be in sync for everything to function properly. Let me know on these points above and I’ll do what I can to assist from there.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Possible Bug – Custom Field Checkboxes’ is closed to new replies.