polylang recurring events 404s

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO polylang recurring events 404s

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Erick Arguello
    Participant

Hi!

We have been using recurring events with polylang (not pro) for some time. It has worked fine in english, which is what we’re mostly using for events. Now I notice that recurring single events are breaking to a 404. I did reference one post that said that polylang pro is approved to be compatible with TEC, but that recurring events are still not supported. Since they were working before, I’d like to try to roll back to the versions of all 3 plugins before this last permalinks change was made. Can you point me to the last 3 versions OF TEC, ECP and the Community events plugin that’ll work together? I’m pretty sure this functionality broke for us in the last version, but since I can’t really test community events on our dev server, I’m not positive. I know I have to update (or downgrade) them all at the same time. It’d be great to get an eta of when polylang pro will support recurring and community events as well. We’re not ready to upgrade yet, but will be nice to know when that’s supported. In the meantime, I need to fix my recurring events urls that were working before. Not a fan of WPML. Thanks so much. It’s definitely a polylang conflict that’s causing the problem, but I’d like to revert to when it was working.
    Wendy

Hi Wendy,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue!

As a first troubleshooting step, try flushing your permalinks by going to Settings < Permalinks and Save Changes.

If that doesn’t resolve the issue, and you’d like to revert to a previous version of our plugins, you can find them on your Downloads page and downgrade manually.

Here is our tutorial on how to go about doing that:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/downgrading-plugin-past-version/

However, if you’d like to try to troubleshoot further, we can do that as well.

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Erick Arguello
    Participant

Thanks, I flushed the permalinks a few times yesterday, and am ready to downgrade. My question is about which versions go together.

So pro is on 4.4.20.1
    community events is on 4.5.8
    and TCE is on 4.6.8

I am aware of the dangers of not using compatible versions of the plugin, it can (and has) brought down the site, but it’s really hard for me to tell which version of each goes with which ones because the model numbers are so different. This is one of the more difficult plugins to downgrade because of this. So would TCE 4.6.7, Community Events 4.5.7 and ECP 4.4.19 be a complete suite? Unfortunately I’m not sure exactly which version I need to roll back to. Is there a table You can point me to where I can check which versions are compatible for all 3? I know getting this wrong is really not fun. I may need to check older versions as well.

“Make sure that even if you downgrade, you are running compatible versions of all Events plugins. So if you need to downgrade Events Calendar PRO, you’ll need to also downgrade The Events Calendar and any other Events plugins you are running.”

Once I have this information, I can downgrade.

Erick Arguello
    Participant

FYI, I’ve deactivated the pro plugin on the live site for now, and the 404s have disappeared. I can’t create recurring events, which I still want to be able to do, so I would still like to get the downgrade info, or any info about when this issue may be fixed. That may be a clue: I can see the recurrent events I’ve created before fine but when I activate the pro plugin I get 404s on the events. Obviously I would like to be able to activate it.
    Thanks,
    Wendy

Hi Wendy,

Were you able to get things working on PRO version 4.4.19?  If so, try downgrading to that version and then flushing your permalinks again.

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘polylang recurring events 404s’ is closed to new replies.