Plugins will not update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Plugins will not update

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    imdesigngroup
    Participant

We’ve tried for over a month updating these plugins and continue to get the same error messages. Please help.

Updating Plugin The Events Calendar: Community Events (5/8)
    Downloading update from http://tri.be?pu_request_plugin=events-community&version=3.6.1&pu_get_download=1&pue_active_version=3.5&pu_install_key=2dcb88cc49d7330b054a3740f7650a74fa1a0692…
    An error occurred while updating The Events Calendar: Community Events: Download failed.

Updating Plugin The Events Calendar: EDD Tickets (6/8)
    Downloading update from http://tri.be?pu_request_plugin=tribe-eddtickets&version=3.6&pu_get_download=1&pue_active_version=3.5&pu_install_key=eccd57f0007dc3471912a52fd6192569f6a56388…
    An error occurred while updating The Events Calendar: EDD Tickets: Download failed.

Updating Plugin The Events Calendar PRO (7/8)
    Downloading update from http://tri.be?pu_request_plugin=events-calendar-pro&version=3.6.1&pu_get_download=1&pue_active_version=3.5.1&pu_install_key=25f5b41fe0d79a5989a12ad3dfee507617951dd6…
    An error occurred while updating The Events Calendar PRO: Download failed.

Barry

I’m sorry you’re hitting difficulties here.

Do other plugin updates (when triggered from the plugin admin screen) work as normal, or could this be a file permissions issue?

imdesigngroup
    Participant

All other plugins update without any problems. I don’t believe it’s file permissions, I could be wrong. I could try to update these 3 plugins manually, but I do not sure where these files should be added using FTP.

Barry

Manually updating is perhaps the easiest way forward in the short-term.

Let’s say you grab a copy of PRO from our downloads page. You could unzip this on your computer and you should end up with a folder called something like events-calendar-pro.

From there, connect to your server by FTP and find the root of your WordPress installation (this might be within a directory called public_html, though this varies on a host-by-host basis). Then, navigate to wp-content/plugins and you should see all of the existing plugin directories.

You have two choices here: you could first delete the existing Events Calendar PRO directory, or, you could simply overwrite it with your freshly unzipped files.

Putting aside the use of FTP for the moment, a further alternative would be to deactivate and delete each plugin from the plugins admin screen – then upload the .zip file (this time, of course, you would not unzip it first of all) through the interface provided by WordPress itself (Plugins → Add New Upload).

Whichever approach you follow, remember to play it safe and make a full and complete back-up first of all!

Does that help?

imdesigngroup
    Participant

Thank you Barry!!! Your process worked 🙂 All three plugins have been updated via FTP.

Barry

Excellent, glad that helped!

I’ll go ahead and close the topic at this point but if this crops up again please don’t hesitate to let us know (and reference this thread) and we’ll see if there is anything we can investigate to help make automated updates function as expected … sometimes that isn’t possible due to various hosting constraints, but we could definitely explore a few ideas.

Any way, thanks for checking in and good luck with everything else 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Plugins will not update’ is closed to new replies.