Plugin Update messed up formatting, tons of duplicates

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Plugin Update messed up formatting, tons of duplicates

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jada Jarillo
    Participant

I recently updated to 3.5.2, and now all of our events have a handful of duplicates each day. Also, on the month view it seems to alter the css when I hover over an event, making the title text larger, and including an image and the event details. This causes each day to be incredibly long. and obviously hard to read. Please advise.

Barry

Hi – I’m sorry you’ve had such a rough ride.

The first thing to do – with particular regards to the duplicates – is review this blog post and try out the duplicate cleanup plugin (note you might need to run it a few times).

With regards to hovering over events and seeing strange formatting, is it possible you have custom template overrides (ie a set of files in a tribe-events directory within your theme) and if so can you try temporarily disabling them (by renaming your-theme/tribe-events to something like your-theme/x-events)?

This would allow us to determine if the problem is that your customizations need to be updated, or if it is something else.

Thanks – and let me know how you get on 🙂

Jada Jarillo
    Participant

I’ve installed and activated the duplicate cleanup plugin, but it’s not showing up on my settings page. I have tried deactivating and activating the plugin, and even completely removing it from our server and uploading it again. Please advise.

Barry

Hmm, that is strange – but just to confirm, you do still also have Events Calendar PRO activated at this point? Both The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO must be activated for the clean up plugin to function.

Jada Jarillo
    Participant

Yes, it turns out I was having some troubles with my server removing the PRO plugin. But I got that sorted out and the merge duplicates plugin worked perfectly. However, now on our calendar, when using the month view, if you hover over any of the events, it pulls up the event’s full details in a very unsightly way that it didn’t used to do. Any thoughts on what’s causing that? Here’s out calendar page: http://chapelboro.com/calendar/month/

Barry

Is it possible you have a custom tribe-events template directory within your theme? If so can you try disabling that (you can do so temporarily simply be renaming it to something like x-events) and see if the problem on month view is resolved?

It’s not impossible this relates to a customization that is no longer valid.

If that doesn’t help to pin down the problem please do go ahead and create a new thread (we try hard to stick to one issue per thread) and one of the team will be more than happy to help.

Since it sounds like the initial issue is now resolved I’ll go ahead and close this thread – thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Plugin Update messed up formatting, tons of duplicates’ is closed to new replies.