Plugin strips all the HTML in list mode?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Plugin strips all the HTML in list mode?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    caldiatech
    Participant

The list mode strips out all the HTML and just makes the content run on into one long unusable string of data with no active hyperlinks etc

Brook
    Participant

Howdy caldia,

I would love to help you with this.

That is something WordPress does when you have set it to show the Excerpt/Summary rather than a posts full text. In this case WordPress can not show the formatting because it is showing the summary instead. You can alter this setting in WP-Admin > Settings > Reading . Or you can manually craft an excerpt for each post and insert it into the excerpt box, which is available on events as well. Since this excerpt is not auto generated WordPress does not need to strip HTML from it, so any HTML in there will show.

Does that all make sense? Did that work for you?

Cheers!

– Brook

caldiatech
    Participant

That worked thank you!

caldiatech
    Participant

I have another issue. We hacked the CSS quite a bit to try to fit the look to this site. On a mobile, the dates are not responsive….we made the fonts quite large but on mobile they are not resizing?

caldiatech
    Participant

Maybe we can just hide the date on a phone?

Brook
    Participant

You are welcome!

You could certainly hide it if you want to. The CSS to do that on your Tour page:

.tribe-mini-calendar-event div.list-date { display: none; }

If you want it to hide only on small screen just wrap that in an @media declaration or put it in your responsive file (if you have one). Something like this ought to do it if you don’t:

@media (min-width: 480px) {
    .tribe-mini-calendar-event div.list-date { display: none; }
    }

Did that work?

Cheers!

– Brook

caldiatech
    Participant

Weird

@media (min-width: 480px) {
    .tribe-mini-calendar-event div.list-date { display: none; }
    }

When I add that….the dates gone on regular screen and only appear on smaller screen?

How can that be?

DPS

Brook
    Participant

Oh that is my bad. It should be “max-width” not “min-width”. If you change that out, it should behave as expected.

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Plugin strips all the HTML in list mode?’ is closed to new replies.