Plugin shows huge span in dates

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Plugin shows huge span in dates

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kelly

We just installed your fabulous plugin a week ago. And, by all indications everything is functioning well. However, we received an email from one of our web developers how did a link check on our new WordPress website. His message is as follows (BTW, English is not his first language):

You should fix your Events feature ASAP, because the Event-Categories create broken link for each day in calendar and there are listed days since 1970 to 2038. This creates ten-thousands broken links on your site!

Frankly, I’m not sure WHY we have “dates” listed all the way back to 1970 and all the way up to 2038!! There are only a few entries at this time and they are all within a 3 month span of time.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Rob

Hi there Kelly. Thanks for the note, and apologies to hear you’re having issues. How did these thousands of links get generated? Were they newly created on the 2.0 install, or imported from a 1.6.5 or 1.3.3 install? Let me know the details there and I can try and troubleshoot this for you.

Kelly

Hey Rob. Thanks for the quick reply and your willingness to help. The situation may be a bit problematic. The entire process has been as such:

1. Initial website was in Typepad.
    2. Client hired a firm to export all content from Typepad into WordPress.
    3. Because Typepad website needed to be online during configuration of the new WordPress website, the new website was under a preview.dns scenario at GoDaddy.
    4. After everything had been transfered a fresh install of 2.0.1 was activated at the network level for WPMU main account.
    5. The client began using the plugin and creating categories for events. One of which is called “Masterminding”. The firm hired to do the transfer from Typepad found this page (somehow, because I can’t seem to locate it using standard navigation on the website) http://tararobinson.com/blog/events/category/masterminding/1970-01 where every single day for several years has a broken link.

Lastly, please note that the firm also implemented htacess redirects from the previous URLS due to the fact that /blog had to be included as a subfolder for all imported posts. Posts on the old server were at the root.

Hope this helps,
    Kelly

Rob

Thanks Kelly. I’m going to get our developer Jonah to take a look here; this may well just be a byproduct of the Typepad –> WP switch, since that wasn’t a scenario we tested against in QA, but there may be a solution that someone more dev-minded than myself can bring about.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Kelly,

Unfortunately I cannot think of an easy solution to this and my initial thought is is will likely involve digging into the database to figure out what’s going on. I’m guessing its related to the Typepad migration but cannot say for sure… I think it would be helpful for us to take a closer look. Let me check with Rob to determine how to proceed.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Rob

Closing this thread out due to inactivity. If anyone has a related issue, please open a new thread. Editing a reply.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Plugin shows huge span in dates’ is closed to new replies.