Plugin Not Creating Tickets in Eventbrite

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Plugin Not Creating Tickets in Eventbrite

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    northwest
    Participant

This is a continuation of a problem I was discussing with Barry and I thought was solved but it isn’t.

Even though Eventbrite has authorised the Plugin, it still doesn’t automatically create tickets like it used to.

A really swift solution to this would be appreciated.

northwest
    Participant

An additional problem is that I no longer have the option to add a Paypal address when I am creating the event and choosing payment options. This has to be created manually in Eventbrite.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Northwest,

I would love to help you with that. Would you mind clarifying what you mean here:

Even though Eventbrite has authorised the Plugin, it still doesn’t automatically create tickets like it used to.

When were tickets automatically created? Were you importing an event from Eventbrite, or creating on in WordPress along with manually creating a few tickets?

An additional problem is that I no longer have the option to add a Paypal address when I am creating the event and choosing payment options. This has to be created manually in Eventbrite.

I wish I had better new here. This is no longer a feature of Eventbrite’s API, so were are not able offer that feature anymore.

Cheers!

– Brook

northwest
    Participant

When I first starting using the plugin on my WordPress site, when I was creating an event, it would automatically create the event in Eventbrite with tickets already created with dates to start and end sales, type of tickets, how many available, etc and I could add my Paypal address.

Now, although the Plugin still shows those ticket creation fields, none of the ticket data is carried over to Eventbrite, it simply creates a private event with no tickets, so I have to go to Eventbrite and create tickets all over again and now it seems I have to tell Eventbrite where to send the money.

These are are the problems I need to solve and urgently.

Thank you

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Again ,

Thank you for elaborating.

Now, although the Plugin still shows those ticket creation fields, none of the ticket data is carried over to Eventbrite, it simply creates a private event with no tickets, so I have to go to Eventbrite and create tickets all over again and now it seems I have to tell Eventbrite where to send the money.

There is a bug in 3.9.3+ where events published to Eventbrite.com show up as a private event on the manage screen. However, on the Edit screen for each event, they do not show up as private. We are looking into why there is a discrepancy there and if it has any practical implications. Either way we plan to fix it in an upcoming release, but we have no timetable yet.

But this is still strange. When creating a ticketing from WordPress Admin > Add Event, it should publish to Eventbrite. I just retested it by creating a ticket and an event, and it did publish. When you do this, are you certain there are no errors at the top of the WP-Admin page when you click “Publish”? If there are no errors, then it is very likely that there is a conflict happening. In order to proceed we will need to test if a “conflict” is happening, and if so narrow it down so we can find a fix for it. This guide walks you through how to test for a conflict, and then identify what is conflicting.

Please let me know if you have any questions as you are walking through those diagnostic steps. Thanks!

Cheers!

– Brook

northwest
    Participant

I have changed the theme, and deactivated all plugins (all up to date) except yours and the problem persists. I have just created a test event and I get this error message on my site
    Notice: /www/sites/618/f41/www.northwestphotographycourses.com/web/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/deprecated/Tribe_Template_Factory.php is deprecated since version 3.10! Use Tribe__Events__Template_Factory instead. in /www/sites/618/f41/www.northwestphotographycourses.com/web/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3448

Please help urgently.

Brook
    Participant

Thank you for sharing the error message. That helped determine the issue. We started seeing that bug last week as well, and have added a fix for it in our next release (version 3.11) which is due out in a few weeks. It is also possible that a fix will be available in our maintenance release, 3.10.1. Which will come out sooner.

Eventbrite has updated their API this week and there are quite a few errors happening right now. You might have seen this sticky post in this forum. Keep an eye out for the the 3.10.1 update. Until, unfortunately the Eventbrite API has broken compatibility with our current 3.10 plugin, and so things will not be working great. I wish I had better news on this front.

– Brook

northwest
    Participant

The problem I have now is that having followed your instructions I have reactivated plugins and I have now lost all pre-existing integration between your plugin and eventbrite which I had to create manually because of the conflict between your plugin and eventbrite. I went back to a backed up version of the site from about a week ago and the same problem applies. So right now I have a site listing events and no way for customers to buy them. I hope you can see that this is both frustrating and costing my business money so I’d like this to be fixed in the next hour or so please.

Brook
    Participant

Sadly, it makes sense that your backup does not work either. Eventbrite has discontinued the API that your backup relied on, there is no way to get it working again without Eventbrite themselves restoring the old API’s functionality — something there are not likely to do. They do offer a provision to extend the old API’s functionality, but I believe you had to request that before it was discontinued.

I really wish we could do a full release in the next hour. But that’s not humanly possible, at all. We have an Eventbrite Tickets 3.10.1 release candidate out, which can be downloaded here. However, it has not undergone QA and it has known bugs. We of course do not recommend running it on a live site unless you have good backups you can revert to should the worst happen. According to current reports this release candidate has fewer issues then 3.10 now that Eventbrite has discontinued the API which 3.10 and under used. However, without thorough QA there is no way to know if some users might have bigger issues with this release candidate.

A thorough QA of this Release Candidate might take a few weeks, unfortunately. We often spend hundreds of man hours developing and QA’ing every release, and this one is nowhere near that yet.

I am truly sorry northwest. We are in a pickle since the API update. We are doing our very best to push a fix out the door, but that takes time.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

– Brook

northwest
    Participant

I’m sorry, that is simply not acceptable. When I updated to 3.10 I did exactly as you recommend and create a back-up. When I was trying to get to the problem of why your plugin doesn’t function properly I followed your guide to the letter.
    At no stage did you warn me that I might lose backwards functionality in the backed-up version of the site by following your guidance, which now requires me to recreate manually the links between my multiple events and EventBrite, links that should have been there in the first place, but which I had to create one by one.
    Basically your Plugin not working has cost me time and money to create workarounds and now you expect me to expend more time and money to recreate these workarounds. Obviously I have no idea what business I have lost while my site has been in maintenance mode and during the hours I have waited for a reply from you.
    I would like to hear your proposals for what you intend to do about these losses caused directly by a) your software not working as advertised b) your guidance to users not warning about the risks of loss of site functions
    I look forward to your urgent reply.

Geoff

Hi northwest—Geoff from Modern Tribe here. Brook brought this thread to my attention and I wanted to chime in as well.

First off, I want to apologize for any waiting you’ve had to do while we work with you on this. You’ve clearly let us know that we’ve failed to meet your expectations when it comes to responding to you here and I’m really sorry about that. If this has given you any impression at all that we aren’t taking the issue seriously or that it lacks urgency on our end, then I sincerely regret that and want to assure you that me, Brook and everyone else on the team is actively working to sort things out.

The point you raised with the PHP error message you shared earlier helped confirm an issue that we are currently working on and plan to include in a coming maintenance release. Thankfully that issue has nothing to do with the compatibility issues we’re also discussing here, which is what we’re working hard to fix.

We expect to release a fix Eventbrite Tickets update that specifically addresses the compatibility concerns very shortly—in fact, it’s in testing now and we expect the release is imminent. We’re right there with you and the loss of compatibility came as a surprise to us as well. The heart of the matter is that we simply were unaware of the impending change to the Eventbrite API and certainly did not expect that it would break compatibility with all versions of our plugins, past and present.

I realize that manually creating links between WordPress and Eventbrite is not just a pain, but unacceptable as far as how we would expect things to function. As Brook pointed out, we do have an early (not fully tested) version of the next release available to download and use today. We generally would not suggest using software that hasn’t been fully tested, but I also understand that you’re in a pinch and might find that a good solution for now to get compatibility up and running. If you go this route, I highly recommend heeding Brook’s advice to back up your site and data and even go so far as to install it on a test version of your site before installing it on your live site—just to cover all bases.

I really appreciate your patience while we work on this as diligently as possible. I really do hope you see that we are working on this as quickly (and thoroughly) as we can. Recognizing that you have felt let down here by us, I would like to offer you a refund on your license. I would definitely be bummed to lose you as a customer (especially this way) but want to make sure we’re offering you every option we have to do things right by you. Let me know if that’s something you would prefer and we can process that for you.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Brook
    Participant

Howdy again Northwest,

I have some good news on the Eventbrite API front, we just released version 3.10.1 of Eventbrite Tickets. You can update from your websites WP Admin area. This release is intended to fix the new issues that started hitting your site this week.

You might still see a deprecation notice in the tickets area. Fortunately the notice is not describing a real problem on your site. Our 3.11 release of Eventbrite Tickets will remove that notice completely, but in the mean time you can hide that notice by disabling WP_DEBUG on your website if you’re so inclined. More information here.

If you continue noticing any glitches with Eventbrite Tickets please let us know. Especially the one that caused you to open this topic. You should now see your events from WordPress pushed to Eventbrite along with their tickets. Cheers!

– Brook

northwest
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

This reply is private.

Leah

Hello,

Thank you again for bringing this issue to our attention. We’re happy to say that we have added a fix for this into our upcoming version 3.11 release. Keep an eye on your Updates page for the new version. If you have any trouble with the update (or are still seeing this problem after you update) please start a new thread and we’d be happy to help out.

Thank you for your patience while we got this release ready to go!

Best,
    Leah
    and the rest of The Events Calendar team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Plugin Not Creating Tickets in Eventbrite’ is closed to new replies.