Plugin has crashed site- URGENT

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Plugin has crashed site- URGENT

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Brian
    Participant

Hi guys,

This is really getting bad now. I have been working on not getting any attendee details on GoDaddy managed wordpress. Now suddenly without updating anything my live site running v4.3.3 won’t navigate to any page with TEC shortcode. As soon as I disable TEC plugins my site is responsive. I get Error establishing a database connection, but only when TEC plugins are active.

I’m less than pleased with sending hundreds of emails to collect missing data, and now I’m losing sales. Please contact me ASAP.

Thanks Brian

Brian
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Participant

By deactivating Events Calendar PRO I am able to get to my Events Calendar, and click on Events that have no WooCommerce Tickets albeit very slowly, but cannot bring up any events with tickets. As soon as I activate ECPro I cannot navigate site.

I also went ahead and updated to 4.4.2 hoping that would help with no luck.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy again Brian,

I am sorry to hear this is getting worse.

If you haven’t changed anything and the site suddenly broke, it does seem likely that GoDaddy is deploying more changes. If I were you I would contact them. I would ask them if their server has deployed any updates lately or if it’s under a particularly heavy load. They might even have some logs for you to help shed more light on these errors. Anything you can learn will be helpful.

If you are getting database connection errors, it is possible that they are either throttling your account specifically or their database is simply under a lot of load, and anything which does a couple of JOINs (which our plugin does sometimes out of necessity) is too taxing.

One thing we noted is that your are now running Event Tickets 4.3.3 alongside The Events Calendar 4.2.2. This is less than ideal and can introduce issues. If I were you I would run the latest version of 4.3.x or 4.4.x, rather than mixing and matching two different major versions.

Once you have reached out to GoDaddy, have they been able to help you with any extra information on what changed? Maybe that can help us isolate a fix.

Cheers!

– Brook

Brian
    Participant

I spent two hours on the phone with GoDaddy support today. The issue was cookies were stalling the site. Cookies specifically from the events calendar plug-ins causing 18-20second delays.

As I mentioned I updated to 4.4.2. Ive restored my site to 2/14 and deactivated all plugins. I’ve been adding them back one by one and as of now registration is working. Also attendee details magically returned.

Have you spoken with their support or found any of these issues on your GD test setup?

They should have some pretty good log files on my issues today if I can share with you somehow to try and settle this please let me know.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Brian.
    Brook
    Participant

Very interesting! One of things we have been looking into on our test site is to ensure that the WooCommerce session cookie was getting saved properly. So far it seems to be. But maybe there were multiples?

I would love a look at those log files. Do you have access to Google Drive, Drop Box, or any other file sharing service? If you can upload those there and share a link in a private reply, I will investigate them thoroughly.

– Brook

Brian
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Plugin has crashed site- URGENT’ is closed to new replies.